Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  General Tradeskill Info
| | |-+  Reaping the Fertile Harvest of...Stone Guardians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reaping the Fertile Harvest of...Stone Guardians?  (Read 2751 times)
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« on: August 02, 2005, 12:05:12 PM »

Due to a recent revelation in the ways of the Paladin, I am now capable of facing many tough foes. I have chosen to concentrate my efforts in Un'Goro Crater, fighting the Stone Guardians that wander the eastern rim of the crater. Aside from dropping large quantities of silver, they also sometimes hold valuable Guardian Stones, which are used in many high-end recipes of all professions. They may also on occasion drop interesting goodies like Essence of Earth.

In any event, I intend to stockpile Guardian Stones for the Guild's use. How many should I keep around for the Guild? They fetch a pretty penny on the Auction House, and I intend to give the proceeds from these stones to the Church in exchange for the right to undertake the quest for my Charger mount.

So, if you all please, a tally of who wants Guardian Stones, and how many we should keep around. Examples of the recipes they are used in:

Warding Cloak (214 AC, +7 Defense)
Hammer of the Titans (53.8 DPS, 3.8 speed, +15 strength, 3 second stun proc)
The various Argent Dawn recipes and I think some of the Thorium Brotherhood recipes require them as well.

So, anyway, let Aramis now who needs how many stones. I'll keep that many, the rest go on the auction block.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:35:18 PM »

So what was this recent revelation?
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 12:41:44 PM »

He equips a weapon rather than fighting unarmed - those blue weapons are to be used not just sit prettily in the bank.  Grin

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 01:14:41 PM »

Oh, I thought he'd just recently discovered the "talent tree thingee."  Grin
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 01:25:23 PM »

While I DID consider taking the brutes bare-handed in a proper gentlemanly manner, I soon decided that they were rock and I was flesh. Paper beats rock, but rock beats fleshy bits.

No, my revelation was Seal of Wisdom. If you use Judgement of Wisdom and then promptly re-apply Seal of Wisdom, combined with a fast weapon, you can regain much of the mana lost healing.

For these fights, I must use my http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37158. But with the 1.7 speed, and use of Seal and Judgement of Wisdom, on every 2nd or 3rd swing. (3.4 or 5.1 seconds) I was regaining 149 mana. 149 mana per tick is pretty good, I hear. Certainly better than the 5 mana/tick that my Energized Chestplate provides.

By the way, Sicro, you should know only one of my myriad weapons still resides in the bank. My Mug O' Hurt still rests in my vault, a token from my younger, wilder years. It is to remind me of the value of a little humor and merriment, so I do not fall prey to the darker side of zeal like  the Scarlet Crusade has done. The rest I carry as true weapons or to keep them out of the hands who would misuse their power.

Seeping Willow was going to be used by a mercenary warrior. Truly I could not let such a base individual have access to a weapon such as it, for truly they would abuse it and bring misfortune to friend as often as foe.

Blackhand Doomsaw was mine by rite of battle, taken from the vile Orc warchief Rend Blackhand who was felled by myself and a band of warriors. It was decreed that I would have it by the will of the Light.

The Hammer of the Grand Crusader was taken from the cold hands of one of the Nathrezim, Balnazzar. Would you see a weapon such as it in the hands of the Burning Legion? Even having been tainted both by the Scarlet Crusade's twisted zeal and the more reviled Burning Legion, I would see this weapon being wielded by a Champion of the Light, to purify it and return it to it's noble beginnings.

The Bone-Slicing Hatchet was taken from a necromancer in the hellish nightmare-city of Stratholme. This weapon shed the blood of many innocents. I will now see it shed only the blood of the wicked.

The Assasination Blade, despite it's name, has been used only in honorable combat. Never has it slit a throat nor punctured a kidney. It has severed many a limb and head, but always from the front in proper knightly fashion.

I keep these weapons to use them, Sicro, not see them gather dust in a vault.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »

My minion,

You collect weapons the way old women collect porcelain minatures.  Or cats.  Or porcelain minatures of cats.

Your Lord and Master,
Jaxartes
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 01:39:27 PM »

I do not bend knee to you, Jaxartes, or any of your kind. It is barely tolerable the way you traffick with the forces of the Twisting Nether, in even more flagrant fashion than the Arcanists! Had I not personally seen you use your questionable talents for the greater good, I would already have struck you down.

Be wary, Jaxartes. The forces you convene with are nothing but corrupt and wicked, they will seek to turn you to their cause. You think you bend them to your will, but soon it may be you that is bent..

Should that day come, I will pray for your soul's redemption, even as I strike your twisted body down.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »

My Minion,

I'll help yiou pay for your little horsey if you'll just bow and scrape once in a while.

Your Lord and Master,
Jaxartes.
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 01:46:07 PM »

I'd sooner fall on my sword than bow and scrape to a Burning Legion cultist.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 01:55:17 PM »

Bah.  Burning Legion?  I vendor bigger than them.  I'm working on my own cult here.  L. Jax Hubbard, if you will. 

You can be minister of cat toys, if you like.  You certainly have the experience, as you'll probably move up from collecting weapons to cats soon enough anyway!

With Love,

Your Lord and Master,
Jaxartes.
Bynn
Guild Member

Moonbynn--New and Improved-- Now 5% Useful!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 10:16:09 AM »

Aramis,

Eventuallly, I'll need guardian stones to make the hammersmith recipe, but I have a greater need for thorium to get my skill high enough.  I'm at 278 or so right now, so it's much mining for me before I'll be looking for hammer ingredients--and by then I may have collected my own using your new wisdom-wise strategy. 

Nobidium

Bynn there, done that.
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:22:32 AM »

Aye, Nobidium, I know your plight all too well...I also require massive quantities of Thorium to skill up my blacksmithing and begin crafting Yenst's Enchanted Thorium Armor as well as Imperial Armor for the rest of our guild's up and coming warriors and Paladins.

Well, I will be supplying the guild a large number of Guardian Stones, and they will be here for you when you are ready to craft the hammer.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: