Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Important Guild Information
| | |-+  NEW CHANNEL!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW CHANNEL!!!  (Read 1354 times)
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:46:03 AM »

Hello all!

GREAT NEWS!

KOR has a new channell: KoffeeTalk

Why you ask?

FOR FUN!

This channel is NOT directly affiliated with KOR and is rated NC17.  You may joke, raz and generally do whatever in this channel that your little heart desires.

We are doing this to give people an unoffical venue to talk with one another about anything they want without hurting the family guild status of KOR.

How does this work?

1. All hunter and korleader lurkers please log in to this channel instead.  That way those two channels can be used for their intended raid purpose.
2. THIS CHANNEL IS VOLUNTARY.  If you are not prepared for no holds barred conversations DO NOT LOG INTO IT Smiley
3. Standard rules of decency apply: no racial, political, religious, or orientation insults directed at any one person (sexual comments WILL be made I assure all of you)

This is not intended to supress anyones freedom of speech.  In fact, it's ment to give you all a venue to have fun without having to worry about offending people.

Have fun and see you all there!

benz

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »

Cool idea, however the Korhunters chat has been it for a while (: we have a lot of fun and frankly not having those people in that channel makes it... quiet. Is koffeetalk linked to Coffeeworld? If he is the moderater, may we all be d00med. Also, there is the same kind of thing on teamspeak every raid. We focus on our raids, but we have fun while doing it. Join it sometime if you feel the general chat is too boring (: So I guess my point is, don't hijack hunter chat!
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 11:22:34 PM »

Well benzo that is kind of my point.  Hunter chat WAS hijacked.  It was meant to be an informational channel to focus on raid issues.  No one wants to shut down fun, but some of the stuff I have read in that channel is not really appropriate for younger players.  Having a separate channel specifically as a no holds barred channel allows everyone to cut loose and have fun without worrying who is offended by what.

If you join the channel you have to expect anything. Those who are more sensitive to mature themes or aggressive teasing don't need to be in the channel and if anyone is in the channel they have to tolerate what is there.  By having it in hunter channel, you are effectively forcing the officers to put the breaks on some of the fun.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: