Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  General Tradeskill Info
| | |-+  Jewelcrafting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jewelcrafting  (Read 1346 times)
Kymber
Guild Member

Holier (specced) than Thou

Email
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »

Interesting preview of Jewelcrafting up on the WoW website:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/jewelcrafting.html

Assuming the expansion ever comes out, I will likely convert Kymber from Engineering to Jewelcrafting (will make as many repair bots as I can before then, though Smiley ).  I already have the Mining which Jewelcrafting seems to require.  I'd suspect that prices for stacks of Ore will go up when the expansion comes out as well, as I'm sure lots of folks will be power-levelling Jewelcrafting.

Truthfully, it looks a lot like a cheaper/easier way to do enchantments. I believe they stack with enchantments, though, so that's a good thing.
Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:16:55 AM »

Usable information, thanks Kymber, you've helped finalize my decision to make Talax a Jewelcrafter.   Cheesy

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:39:41 PM »

Here's a link I found to the jewelry patterns for BC:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=165

I don't have a link for the actual jewels, but would like to see one.

Looking at this list, the things on it look nifty, but really not worth all the hassle of jewelcrafting.  Given the level of skill, materials required and the expected power level of BC loot, these items don't look all that impressive, at least at my first glance.

I'm probably missing a big piece of this puzzle, tho.
Kymber
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:11:22 PM »

Here's a link I found to the jewelry patterns for BC:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=165

I don't have a link for the actual jewels, but would like to see one.

Looking at this list, the things on it look nifty, but really not worth all the hassle of jewelcrafting.  Given the level of skill, materials required and the expected power level of BC loot, these items don't look all that impressive, at least at my first glance.

I'm probably missing a big piece of this puzzle, tho.

I think there are two main positives for Jewelcrafting.  For low-level characters, it's a way to get Rings, Necklaces, and Trinkets, which typically you would not get until lvl 20+.  Thus, yet another way to twink out an alt.  Smiley

What is missing from that site, though, is the main benefit, which is the creation of Jewels to place in Socketed items.  These will work like enchantments, so basically Jewelcrafting becomes a variant of Enchantment, w/o the need to destroy magic items.   Some of the ones I've seen do things like +Heal, +Spell Power, +Attack Power, Mana/5, etc.   Mostly they don't provide the same size boost as Enchantments of similar level, but you can have multiple Jewels in different sockets and also get synergy bonuses on them. 

Kymber
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »

Well, I spent the bulk of my first 5 hours post-xpac powerlevelling Jewelcrafting.  I had mailed all my mats from my various alts, but the mail interface apparently can only show 5-6 pp of messages, so I ended up buying things on the AH which were actually in the mail.  I'll sell the copper myself on the AH and likely make a killing, so no big loss. 

I've gotten to around 270.  The big dead zone is in the 200 to 225 range, as you need lots of silver, aquamarine, citrines, gold to proceed in this area, until you hit 225 and can start levelling off of Thorium and Thorium-node gems.  At this point, it is just a question of finding lots of thorium ore to prospect (and/or gems on the nodes).  Azerothian Diamonds, Star Rubies, and Large Opals pretty much will provide a skill point each as I find or prospect them.  Prospecting (takes 5 ore) will result in an average of 1 gem and some powder you can sell back.  Sometimes you get no gem, sometimes you get as many as 4 (in my experience). 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: