Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 10:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Archives
| |-+  Old Policy Discussions
| | |-+  Proposal For Faction Loot System For AQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Proposal For Faction Loot System For AQ  (Read 2721 times)
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »

Once the guild has time to discuss this we will solidify a few alternative proposals and the have a poll to see what people want including forget it lets just random like always.

Please keep in mind that this policy only affects items used for faction quest not any "real loot".  Even if we do not use any of these systems and this discussion just encourages people to actually LOOK at their class quests and understand how they work and what they could get we would be better off than we are in ZG.

LOL I can not count how many times I have seen guildies get coins and bijoux from ZG and just run to the AH to sell them when others could actually USE them.  Why do they do this? Not because they are greedy or insensitive.  They just never knew really what they were for and were not really interested in them for anything but money.  I just want a system that allows those who really will use the items to get them first.  The only reason I did not propose this for ZG was because it is frankly too late there Smiley

Mukaka
Class Leader

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

I have no problem with the proposal as it origiinally stands. If someone has the faction and needs the BoP, then they should be first in line for it. The next people in line should be those who are closest to having the faction needed. For the small percentage that gain faction quicker, they'll quickly acquire the items they need and be out of the pool that much sooner for everyone else.

It is possible that the originally proposed way of handling BoPs could cause everyone to become faction junkies -- and stop helping others get keyed, farming for guild resources, etc. This seems unlikely unless we have a guild full of highly-motivated and selfish people.

Personally I'm thankful our guild banker is willing to undertake the extra efforts to hold the BoE quest items so they don't fill my bank. As far as selling quest items for the sole purpose of making money, that's bad. But I personally view the Auction House as a form of storage the same way you might put something in your bank or mail system. When I sell a quest item, tradeskill resources, etc, I do so with the full intention that when I need that item, I will buy it back (hopefully at a lower price). It is also a convenient way to trade (e.g. I sell my Red Bijou which enables me to buy the Silver Bijou I need to complete a quest).

So Jax's suggestion for the guild bank to "store quest items via the Auction House" is not a bad idea. It does have a risk in that the items' prices may inflate but it is part of the cost of not being able to hold every thing we want in our guild bank. The guild bank can hold an infinite amount of gold. Perhaps it would be helpful to track how much of the gold in the bank is from the sale of certain types of items, and then try to reserve that much for the purchase of those same types of items.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: