Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  6.0.2 hits today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 6.0.2 hits today  (Read 3037 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:47 AM »

I don't really think anyone reads this forum any more, but today is 6.0.2.  We get almost a month with the patch before the new xpac hits.

Along with the patch a few things have been released.

For one, there is questing against the iron Horde incursion in the Blasted Lands.  They've apparently overrun both the Alliance and Horde strongholds there.

Second, and apparently just for the next month, a level 90 Upper Blackrock Spire instance is available with 550 blues that are supposed to be a bit better than flex raid gear.

Is anyone planning groups to try this stuff out?
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »

Jax! I just wanted to prove you wrong and say that I totally read this post. I played WoD for a bit but only for like a month, the magic just wasn't in the game for me any more. But damn I miss all the good times we had together. Sad to see the guild isn't active any more, but it happens I guess. Sad
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »

This place really is a wasteland!

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »

Btw I am still number four for overall posts and my inbox is filled with "calm the eff down" messages.

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »

Yeah, calm the eff down Chaulmers, jeez.  Grin

It's ok, you might be number four in posts but I can clearly overtake you. Only like a thousand to go!

(also FOUR POSTS IN ONE DAY ZOMG)
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 10:04:38 PM »

No joke, just skimmed through a handful of the spec mage forums. I feel we had our best debates in /kormage though.

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »

Truly, the best use of class chat channels ever. Wink

It's just a shame you never came around to understanding that fire is the superior mage spec. Tongue
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:02 AM »

I'm sorry I'm a cold hearted b**** instead of the spawn of satan

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:01 PM »

Spawn of Satan!? Sir, you offend me. Do I cause fire to rain down from the sky? Yes, on occasion. Do I have cloven hooves for feet? Yes, I admit that. But that could happen to anyone!
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »

Jax! I just wanted to prove you wrong and say that I totally read this post.

Yeah, four  months after I posted it. ;-)

I'm not sure how active the guild is now, really.  A lot has changed.  It looks like pretty much the whole officer corps either jumped ship or ditched the game.  Vandred is honcho now.  Not sure who the other officers, if any, might be.

I'm personally really liking WoD.  I like the art and the wide-open feel of it.  The different things you can do with garrisons, the varied questlines (like the legendary one) are pretty cool.  Also, I like LFR now that Foundry is out.  Highmaul was almost impossible to get killed in.  BF will wipe an incautious LFR group.  I like it.

I would like to raid more., but time commits these days are a lot different from the old days.  Also, since 6.1 hit there is something...hinkey with destro warlocks.  Everyone's playing demon.  I hate demon.  Murph.
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »

You guys put the emo tank in charge? Fooooools! Tongue

I tried WoD, but eh. WoW isn't doing it for me any more. The last time I played with any regularity was towards the end of Cata (I came back when the Hour of Twilight stuff was out, and ran those dungeons over and over so I could get into LFR and kill Deathwing). Since then, I haven't really enjoyed the game. I tried it for both MoP and WoD, hit the level cap, went "meh this isn't really fun still" and quit. These days, FF14 is my MMO poison of choice... not sure if WoW will ever lure me back. I miss the glory days of vanilla/BC/Wrath, but at the same time I feel like I need to accept that those days are gone and move on.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »

People have all sorts of feelings about WoW.  Some old-timers ragequit and rail against it for years, some people drift in and out of playing, some (like me) just scaled it back and play at a more leisurely pace.  The game IS 10 years old after all (and I have my 10-year award statue to prove it!).  It's going to have a lot of history.

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »

It also would be cool if more people posted here and read the forums.  they seem to be a dying breed, though.  Pretty much every guild forum I was a part of collapsed around the time MoP came out.  I only found out Vandred was Guildmaster by accident, while checking out the guild info in the armory.

In fact, the last person added to these forums appears to have been Kelgore, back in October 2010.  That'll tell ya how important this site is to the guild these days.
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »

I'm honestly surprised that the domain/host is still up, but I am kind of glad it is. Was kinda nice to poke through all the forum threads from back in the day. I should re-up my account sometime and harass Vandred or whoever's on, maybe show some noobs the window where you can see Ragnaros. Wink

And yeah I have seen those same reactions toward WoW from old-timers. I don't harbor any antagonism myself, it's just not for me any more. Some people are still digging it and that's awesome! But whether due to game design or just "nothing lasts forever", it's not the magical game it once was for me. Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: