Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 03:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Paladin Question: Seal of Crusader&Attack Power?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Paladin Question: Seal of Crusader&Attack Power?  (Read 667 times)
Bonediddley
Bonediddley

Email
« on: December 09, 2005, 10:37:47 AM »

just curious...

what is the relationship between attack power and +crit?  is there even one?

furthermore, if there is no relation between attack power and %crit, then what is the point of the pally seal of the crusader?  yes you attack faster, but the attack power bonus doesnt even come close to making up for the reduction in damage as a result of using this seal.  what started me on this train of thought was when i used the seal (yes i have a pally too  Roll Eyes) and noticed its effects, it seemed fairly illogical to me why it would nerf my damage but give me a bonus to my attack power to kinda make up for it, even though it doesnt, damage-wise.  thats what started me thinking that attack power has to have some other kind of bonus associated with it outside of just +damage, and the only thing that made sense to me was +crit.  now if im way off here please correct me (and i've got the sneaking suspicion that i am...)!  and also, if i am wrong here, then could someone please explain to me what the benifit is of using seal of the crusader (besides the +attack speed) for anything other than a judgement?  thanks!

oh also, any build suggestions for a pally tryin to go "holy, crit-adin?"

<edit> i haven't read  Paladin Talents for Talented Paladins yet tho so...

-Bone
"strike fast, strike hard"
Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:03:42 AM »

No, it doesn't effect crit %, except that with more attacks, you have more chances to crit.

Seal of the Crusader lost a lot of use after they fixed it.  (It used to boost damage AND attack speed - overpowered.)

Attack Power translates directly into DPS, based on the type of weapon you are holding, that information can be found in the forums and likely in one of the recent patch notes as it was recently standardized.  (Used to be weapon speed based).

In my experience, Seal of the Crusader offers a minor boost to 'white damage' (physical auto-attacking).  This is the easiest seal to see DPS change for, as it applies directly to the Character Sheet (everything else being tied to random chance).

At present the majorty of paladins I know of, do not use it.  It can be judged to augment damage from Seal of Righteousness.  Other paladins can add more.

As I found out (in my other thread) it's too early to make a critadin spec.  Talents are still changing.

+Int for spell crit
+Agi for melee crit

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Bonediddley
Bonediddley

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:11:34 AM »

thanks.  thats what i figured.  it really doesnt make sense tho...the seal knocks off 10 dmg from my min and max numbers right now, and that's with the attack power bonus.  so unless im going to wield an incredibly slow weapon with incredible damage, it seems to me that this ability (when not being used in a judgment) is useless.  right now, the holy damage bonus is the only thing im using it for.

-Bone
"strike fast, strike hard"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: