Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 10:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  Cataclysm
| | |-+  MoP possibly coming soon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MoP possibly coming soon  (Read 2842 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: July 17, 2012, 07:21:35 AM »

Wow, thought the forum was gone for good this time...

Blizzard added a "upgrade to WoW 5.1" feature on the battle.net accounts yesterday.  Historically that usually means the release date announcement is coming.  That pegs release of MoP, barring some unforeseen issue, as probably planned for between September/November of this year.

Does anyojne have any thoughts about MoP?  I've been pretty casual through the entire Cata Xpac, and don't really see myself returning to the hardcore fold.  It does look like it has a lot of fun stuff, though, so I expect that I will play, if not as a regular raider.

What are the plans of others?
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »

I'm hoping to continue raiding, and perhaps getting a second ten man group going.

"I do this for Aiur"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »

Blizz announced, for the first time, a digital collector's edition for MoP today.  I'm not sure what's included yet.

This seems kind of odd to me, as the physical version usually has a music CD, "making of" materials, mousepad, art book, etc.  It would be kind of hard to justify a similar price for strictly digital content.
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »

Blizz announced, for the first time, a digital collector's edition for MoP today.  I'm not sure what's included yet.

This seems kind of odd to me, as the physical version usually has a music CD, "making of" materials, mousepad, art book, etc.  It would be kind of hard to justify a similar price for strictly digital content.

I can find no official Blizzard announcement related to this.

"I do this for Aiur"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »

Heroes of Azeroth, prepare to embark for an exotic new frontier! World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ is launching on September 25, 2012 and you can be ready to play when the servers go live by pre-purchasing the game digitally. Plus, for the first time ever, players will have the option to upgrade a pre-purchase to the all-new Digital Deluxe Edition which comes with all of the in-game items from the retail Collector’s Edition, including a World of Warcraft pet and mount, banner sigil and accent for Diablo® III, and Battle.net® portraits for StarCraft® II.

Beginning September 25, 2012, World of Warcraft players around the world will be able to set sail for the long-lost continent of Pandaria, where they’ll explore forgotten dungeons, vanquish risen evils, and play their part in the Horde-Alliance conflict as it reaches a critical breaking point.

Whether you plan to level your existing character to 90 or start fresh with a new pandaren monk, it’s never too early to begin preparing for your adventure. Simply log in to your Battle.net® account, and then pre-purchase Mists of Pandaria. You’ll then be flagged to automatically download the expansion content prior to release so you’ll be ready to go when the game launches.

During the pre-purchase process, you’ll have the option to grab either the Mists of Pandaria Standard Edition for $39.99 USD or the all-new Digital Deluxe edition for $59.99 USD -- or, if you snag the standard edition now and decide you want to upgrade to Digital Deluxe later, you’ll have the opportunity to do so for an additional $20.

The Digital Deluxe edition includes a full digital copy of the expansion, as well as a selection of Pandaria-inspired in-game content for World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and StarCraft II. If you’re looking for even more plunder, a special Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition with additional bonus items will also be available exclusively at select retail locations for a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD.

Learn more about the Digital Deluxe Edition
Learn more about the Collector’s Edition

For more details on the September 25, 2012 release of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, be sure to hit the official press release, or head to our new Mists of Pandaria game page to learn more about the expansion and prepurchase your digital copy.

*When you pre-purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game once it’s available, prior to the game’s release. This content will be unlocked and available
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »

Aaaaand, because I'm that nice, here's the details on the digital and physical Collector Editions.

“Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September.”

The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items:

World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The Collector’s Edition of Mists of Pandaria includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:

Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: