Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 03:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Raids and Raid Strategies
| |-+  General Raiding Tips and Strategies
| | |-+  310% mounts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 310% mounts  (Read 1175 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: August 19, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »

In the new expansion anyone will be able to buy a 310% mount.  The skill for riding it will be 5,000gp.

Anyone who already has a 310% mount will get the skill for free.

I've been pretty casual the past six months or so, so am not looking forward to the idea of spending that kind of cash across any number of toons. 

The easiest (sic) way I have found to get a 310% mount is the rusted protodrake from Glory of the Ulduar Raider, but even that looks like a lot of task, with many achievements bundled into it, and nasty ones at that, IIRC.

So is anyone out there working on something like this already?
Anessa
Class Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:16:19 AM »

I did the Glory of Ulduar Raider achievement on my horde character but not my alliance character. The miscellaneous achievements shouldn't be hard to do for those with ICC gear, just need to invest some time to work on each achievement.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »

Glory of the Ulduar raider is a combination of 13 achievements, one for each boss in the instance except for Algalon.  The hardest ones for post-Ulduar-geared players appear to be:

Firestarter:  Kill Mimiron while player-stalking flame jets sprout all over the place.

One light in the darkness:  Kill Yogg Saron with  only one watcher assisting the group.

Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood:  Kill Freya while leaving her 3 warders up.  This will give her enormous buffs.  Ow.

One that looks like it might be tricksie is Iron Dwarf, medium Rare:  Keeping Razorscale alive long enough to cook 25 dwarfs on the ground might be a chore.

I'm going to take an initial stab at it tonight and see how hard it is with an extra years' worth of gear from the last time I tried any of this.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:05 AM »

I've been running with a group the past two weeks, doing 2 hours per week.

Week one we got Flame Leviathan, XT-002, Iron Council and Kologarn hardways.

We extended the lockout.

Week 2 we got Thorim, Auriaya, Freya, Hodir and Ignis.

Next week we hope to take down Mimiron, Vezax, Yogg Saron and Razorscale to finish.

Firefighter appears to be our biggest challenge, as it's mostly coordination and hard on casters (they have to keep moving).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: