Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:12:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  New Game Content
| | |-+  new ruby sanctum patch has gone live today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new ruby sanctum patch has gone live today  (Read 1889 times)
benthecruel

Email
« on: June 22, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

the new patch went live today during the maintence which is still going on even at 5 oclock for the east coast

any plans to raid that place tonight or we sticking to voa icc?
benthecruel

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

and for the 4th time today blizzard has extended the maintnence!!! Angry     

now its 5 pm pdt(8pm dalaran server time)

are we going 2 still try to get this off

edit: the raid i mean
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »

Ben, I believe they plan to hold off a couple weeks before actually opening the Sanctum.  Something about the way the patch is, they need to make sure everyone in the raid has the patch before unlocking the instance.
benthecruel

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »

Ben, I believe they plan to hold off a couple weeks before actually opening the Sanctum.  Something about the way the patch is, they need to make sure everyone in the raid has the patch before unlocking the instance.

hmm indeed!!!

reading FTL
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »

Dude, I am more excited for REal ID. This is a cool innovation that wil let me keep in touch wiht my other server friends as well as when I get SC2. I love this!

magnum
Guild Member

All I know .. Is that I'm a really good dancer.

donvitotm donvitotm
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »

I'm not sure why we need something like real ID.  I would rather see the effort put into the game content then the ability to know if my friend is logged into a different server or game.

Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »

I'm not sure why we need something like real ID.  I would rather see the effort put into the game content then the ability to know if my friend is logged into a different server or game.

The thing I don't like about it is that apparently your friends can see your other friends, their real names, and their battle.net account names.  so the first one that gets hacked basically gives up a bunch of battle.net account names to the hacker--both the names of their friends, and the friends of their friends.

Also, I'm not crazy about having people always able to know where I am and what I'm doing across multiple games.  sometimes I just want a little peace while I'm slaughtering my next 1000 mobs for some silly trinket or the other.

I can see the upside.  There have probably been a lot of opportunities to hang out lost because I was tooling around on a horde toon when my friends could have used my help.  But I am concerned about the security and privacy protection angles.
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »

... and their battle.net account names.  so the first one that gets hacked basically gives up a bunch of battle.net account names to the hacker ...

No No No Please do not spread any misinformation that is rampart everywhere atm.  The Battle.net account name is NOT Visable anywhere with this feature. (currently using it very very selectively)

If this thread turns into a QQ thread it will be locked and/or deleted I read enough of that on the Blizzard Forums about this feature I trust Blizzard to make appropriate modifications if they deem it necessary.

"I do this for Aiur"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »

Easy there, Seabiscuit  Cheesy If I have rampant misinformation I am all about getting it cleared up.  Can you enlighten us?   
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

Yes it pertains to the quoted part.  Although to add somone you need to have their Battle.net e-mail this address is never shown anywhere once Real-ID is activated

"I do this for Aiur"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:33:24 AM »

Another thing they are doing in the next round of rolling restarts is throttling inspect requests.  Apparently the Gearscore addon has been generating so many of them that it's causing a system burden.
magnum
Guild Member

All I know .. Is that I'm a really good dancer.

donvitotm donvitotm
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:48 AM »

I hear that there will be no more ghetto epics dropping in heroics.  Epics will be from raids / badges only.  Epic gear will once again be epic gear !! 

Would ya just watch the hair. Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:57:59 AM »

It would appear that the other shoe has dropped with RealID:

http://seewhatyoudidthere.com/2010/07/07/realid-changes-the-very-real-ease-of-stalking-in-the-internet-age/

There may be a way around this with parental controls, but ick.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »

Interesting week, this.  After ~3000 PAGES of posts and over 50,000 complaints in 3 days Blizzard has agreed to drop the requirement for real names on the forums.  They have also reassured everyone that they may remain anonymous in-game if they opt out of RealID.  RealID is currently flawed, BTW.  Unless you use parental controls to opt out there are currently add-ons that will reveal your account name to anyone that wants it.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as conversation threading, the ability to rate posts up or down, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters, ( http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html ) and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime
CEO & Cofounder
Blizzard Entertainment
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: