Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  Information (Moderator: Sicro)
| | |-+  Something I find pretty disturbing.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Something I find pretty disturbing.  (Read 1113 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: June 17, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »

Something happened to a guy I know that has me pretty disturbed.  I have many folks I hold dear here, so wanted to tell the tale so that maybe it won't happen to you.

It's in-game, nothing dire in real-life, except the fallout.

So this guy I know, he leveled an alt to 80.  Nothing special there, right?  The guy has 2-3 accounts, all under the same name and Battle.Net login.  He's a heavy player, so ok, everyhting is still fine.

He mails his alt 7k gold to get an epic flyer and dual-spec.  I don't know about you, but I've done this several times myself.  All the gold came from his accounts, and all the gold was send to a toon on one of those accounts.  None of it was "bought" gold--this is just one of those guys who plays WoW like 10 hours a day and runs all the dailes like 5 times.  So he's loaded.

Blizzard perma-banned the account that received the gold and 90-day banned one of the accounts that send the gold due to "gold-selling indications."

The guy was stunned, and sent a note to Blizz (and tried calling, but they only handle these via email).  3 days later, still no response.  He had like 8-9 level 80 toons, probably 100k gold and god alone knows how many days played on those accounts.  He's been using those accounts since the game came out.

I suggested that this guy go public on the Blizzard forums with this one.  I find it disturbing because anyone who has been playing the game for a considerable time has probably done something pretty similar to what happened here.  Even if Blizzard unbans the accounts it doesn't change the fact that they shut him down and haven't responded for three days.  The notion of being tagged a gold seller because you send one of your toons money from another of your toons baffles me.

Anyway, I suggest that if you have a "cash alt" that you start spreading your money out, maybe 1k a day, so that there is less chance of needing to make a big cash move to buy an item or or skill or whatnot. 
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »

Interesting - hope things work out well for your friend. 

In other news:  I can't believe i just opened a thread called "Something i find pretty disturbing" - turned out ok, this time! Smiley

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 06:22:56 AM »

I wouldn't really go so far as to say we're friends...he really is this guy I know from WoW, and have been seeing around for years.  I saw his post on the HotC forums.

Heh, Frosh, I suppose the title would maybe warn about NSFW stuff.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »

The accounts had the bans lifted, after 4 days.  The fellow who was impacted moved all his money to the guild bank and is not going play anymore, at least for a while.  He has a lot of anger over this episode.
Mukaka
Class Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

Taking the warnings of this message I decided to move 10k gold between characters using the guild bank. Now I need help withdrawing the money back out of the bank.    Wink Wink Wink
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »

Taking the warnings of this message I decided to move 10k gold between characters using the guild bank. Now I need help withdrawing the money back out of the bank.    Wink Wink Wink

You should have looked at the masthead closer.  They don't call the guild bank the "Hotel California" for nothing, heh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: