Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  New Game Content
| | |-+  Starcraft 2 out 7/27
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 out 7/27  (Read 934 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: May 04, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »

Everyone is drooling over the soon-to-be-released Starcraft 2. In repsonse to this swelling of anticipation Blizzard has announced a few of the future plans for the franchise.

-The first expansion "Wrath of the Q'errigan" will see Kerrigan and her zerg minions crashing on a world full of archeotech. While the zerg do not normally care about technology per se, there can be no doubt that something sinister is afoot. The humans follow and ally themselves with the local populace, a backward race of mystics called the Sennari, to fight the zerg onslaught.

-The second expansion, "Shadows of the Unbound Collective Kabal" will see the main zerg swarm finding the remains of the zerg invasion of Zoth (as the planet is known) and deciding to purge their backwards bretheren. Q'errigan's invasion was lost for a thousand years, during which time the main zerg horde had absorbed vast new psychic powers from conquered races and renamed themselves "The Legion." These "Q'erraji" now find themselves marginalized in the main fight between the legion and the humans.

-The third expansion, World of Starcraft, Sees the protoss finally arrive on the heels of the Legion invasion. Their society long since smashed by the Legion the Protoss mothership crashes into Azeroth (as the planet has come to be called) and the protoss can no longer replicate the technology to repair their ship. Forsaking their lasers for swords and big smashy maces they rally to aid the humans and Cenarions (as the protoss call them) in their battle against The Legion (which burned them) and the Q'ierraji(which are still feebly carrying on).

-The fourth expansion is tentative, but we believe it involves a Legion bio-weapon that reanimates dead people as mindless slaves. We'll see if the market is there.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:58:32 PM »

I cant wait, also I won a bet from Shiz that this would come out before cataclsym Tongue

I find it funny that the two biggest games for the PC are both being released by blizzard this year. They are releasing SC2 first so that when epopel who play wow go out a buy it they can be drawn back into wow and the good old monthly fee when cataclsym comes out. Ima say an october release for cataclsym, that gives us 3 months of sc2 before everyone goes back to the cash cow. Must be nice to have such a controlling interest in the market. /endrant

But regardless I am pumped, the beta was sweet and I cannot wait for the real thing. Who else plans on buying this game?

Ogun

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »

I just started playing the single player Beta, and the new AI's are kind of crazy.  Back with broodwar, I could fairly easily take out 4-5 computers by myself.  With SCII, I'm regularly being wrecked by a single 'hard mode' AI
-Zababa-
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:25:01 AM »

I just started playing the single player Beta, and the new AI's are kind of crazy.  Back with broodwar, I could fairly easily take out 4-5 computers by myself.  With SCII, I'm regularly being wrecked by a single 'hard mode' AI
-Zababa-

That's what 11 years of technical advancement can do to ya.

Skynet is coming!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: