Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Strategies & Tactics
| | |-+  how to solo baron riverdare stratholme in 5 min or less and maybe get your mount
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how to solo baron riverdare stratholme in 5 min or less and maybe get your mount  (Read 2433 times)
benthecruel

Email
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:01:28 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349DCnbUoLw

must be a bug but it makes it a heck of alot quicker and i can confirm it works i didnt kill anything in the gaunlet skipped all and just opened the two crates in front of the slaugterhouse and it worked

should u get caught by a pat no worries just kill them and continue sneaking around the mobs and such

i was able to run it approx 10 times in a 2 and a half hour span
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:50:17 AM »

Not a very good idea, when it comes down to it. Exploiting bugs over and over is an excellent way to get suspended or banned... and the run only takes 15 minutes normally, so you're not saving that much time.

Neat trick, just cautioning that it probably isn't a good idea to utilize it.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »

Actually 10 times over 2.5 hours IS about 15 minutes per.  I agree the run isn't that long anyway, too.

I just wish there was a closer vendor than Light's Hope.  It may not sell for a ton of cash by today's standards but a lot of stuff drops out of there.
satrissian

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:02 AM »

Closer vendor - http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32639  Tongue

If you are interested in speed runs without using the crate "method", here is a nice time saving trick.  When Ramstein spawns, aggro him on the steps of the citadel and pull him inside the door.  This takes away the huge delay between Ramstein dying and the door opening for the next skellie pack, and it lets you skip the huge pack of small skellies all together.  It can, however, make it hard to get out of the zone as the small skellies will be running all over the place after you kill Baron.  So far, the fastest kill I have seen that includes killing the minibosses instead of crates is around 4:50 by smotha in CVN.  Consider it a challenge.  Enjoy!
benthecruel

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »

i dont forsee blizzard banning anyone for using the crates its not like stratholme is a relevant dungeon 80's gear up from and the drop rate is 2 low anyway. the only thing desired is a the mount and i dont think blizzard will punish anyone over a mount

jax your right 15 min is what it comes out to but maybe if ur a rogue or even a druid you can just stealth all the way 2 the crates to make it quicker haha.

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »

Well, the mount and also the rep.  A lot of people go there for the achievements.

IIRC I was running that with Jax in about 10-12 minutes straight out of hitting level 80, so I'm imagining it'd be a few minutes faster now anyway.

Wasn't there some rule about only being able to do an instance so many times per day?  Like 5 or 10 times or something?
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 09:35:39 PM »

I think it's per hour, but don't recall the exact number.

And BTC, Blizzard is more than happy to ban people for utilizing bugs, even if it doesn't affect the game in any major way. Lots of people have been given suspensions/bans for stuff like getting into the Caverns of Time (pre-BC, when it wasn't supposed to be accessible). The odds that you'll get a ban out of it are low, but not nonexistent.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: