Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 03:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Raids and Raid Strategies
| |-+  General Raiding Tips and Strategies
| | |-+  What would Brian Boitano do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What would Brian Boitano do?  (Read 1030 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: June 26, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »

Made ya look...

My shammie enrichment program is about half done.  I estimate within the next three weeks or so I should be able to get her fast flight, dual spec and appropriate glyphs for enhancement with healing alternate.  Gear won't be great, just whatever I can pick up cheap on the AH (especially needing two sets for starter 80 stuff), but should be good enough to get started with heroics and mebbe Naxx runs.  My experience has generally been that healers are at a premium on these runs, so I was hoping someone could give me some pointers on good shammie loadouts and rotations/totems, etc. for group/raid healing assignments.

Any thoughts?  I've never run the shammie as a healer before and don't know much about "modern" healing mods, so any help would be good help.

Thanks!
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »

He'd make a plan, and he'd follow through: that's what Brian Boitano'd do!
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »

I hate you.  You should die.  Gimme help, dangit!  I'm flailing in a sea of incompetance here!
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »

Well, I don't know shamans, but I do know south park... so that's all I'm able to contribute to this thread. Wink
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:08:43 AM »

heh.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »

I just don't the humbly begging for help well, do I?

Would it help if I said I'd rescue a cute widdow kitten from the storm drain outside my house?  Smiley
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »

lol..i think the problem is just our lack of shaman Wink

I can take a stab at shaman in general:

Totems are good;  but i have no idea which ones benefit which classes based on the shaman's spec. 
Heroism is the main buff you're going to bring;  pop it only when 'determined' ahead of time (IE: "on this boss, we'll use it at 30% (most bang for the buck)" vs "on this boss, we'll use it 10 seconds in to the pull" (<--- good for heigan when there's a chance people will be dead by 30%)

Back in the day, shaman were amazing raid healers, though i seem to recall hearing recently that Jesus Beam (AKA: "Chain heal") is not the primary heal anymore...

Now, if your shaman is looking for a new home, im' sure you'll get a lot of responses Cheesy (WTB: Shaman)

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »

Well...

I don't think the shaman needs a new home--it's already in KoR and has been since around level 30.  I'm just looking for somehting to do with it and want to be useful.  If I can do that as enhancement, great.  But my guess would be there'd be a desire for dual-spec with resto.

I can prolly reverse-engineer a healing shammie from WWS stats, so it's not all that big a deal.  If we don't get many responses here I'll do it when I get closer to the "money goal" to get her mobile and multi-specced.
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:10 AM »

Well, if you're just wanting direction, i'd dual spec'd Resto is the way to go.

Healers (at least in KoR) are almost always a premium for 25 man content; when you get to 5mans or 10mans, those 2 - 3 healing spots can fill up pretty quickly, so having the flexibilty to make things go boom is definitely a nice backup. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: