Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  Mages
| | |-+  Mage Specs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mage Specs  (Read 2384 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 06:46:39 AM »

I strapped on a FFb alternative build and did some time on a target dummy.  Frost build did about 1600-1800 DPS.  FFB did between 2200-2300, with the rotation being scorch, living bomb, FFB with pyroblast whenever it procced.  Repeat scorch and LB whenever needed.  With the scorch glyph I only needed to cast it the one time.  The gear on that mage is mostly blue with a bit of purple.  I'm thinking with a little more itemization (crit especially) that might get a lot more boomie.

There was a guy next to me in similar build trying out an arcane spec, alternating between arcane blast and missile barrages.  He did higher damage-nearly 2700dps, but his mana bar hit dry in about half the time mine did.  Arcane doesn't look too raid friendly until gear is a bit better.
Ishmamdar
Class Leader

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »

My spec as it is for PvE can actually get close to 3200 dps avarage if I crit nicely (mid/end fight) and spike over 4k (the old recount chart, the new one shows nothing).

Basically, I get on average over 4k per fireball, my living bomb gylph allows it's periodics to crit and that then makes it easier to proc an instant pyroblast.  Given that I think I found my PvE spec for max damage in somewhat alignment with my play style.  Of course, I lose all good AoE abilities and there's a couple tradeoffs with fire talent damge to get TTW.  This does though rely on TTW being available most/all of the time on a boss.

On average with the boss dummy, Opep and I actually stayed equal on DPS.  Before he'd always have me beat by a large margin.  It all depends on how much I crit and how much of a fight I have to mitigate mana.  Though, one gem gives me over 6k now with my gear and the new glyph, so I think mana issues for me are gone.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: