Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  State of the Guild
| | |-+  State of the Guild - November 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: State of the Guild - November 2008  (Read 2055 times)
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

Introduction

Greetings fellow guild members,  Smiley  this is my first state of the guild address since becoming guild leader and as we approach the release of wrath of the lich king I thought it would be a good time for one.  A few recent guild changes and plans for the expansion follow.

Current Events

We have been getting some raids off even with people on travel, and the fact that we are so close to the expansion and still raiding is excellent.  I hope everyone has been having fun progressing a bit farther in Mount Hyjal and hopefully we can try out Black Temple again before the expansion next week.  I¬íve seen people earning achievements participating in runs through old content and over all people having fun Wink.

As everyone may or may not know Frostburn has left the guild recently.  It came to a surprise to everyone, but as derived from his post; his life appears to have gotten more difficult.  Everyone has choices on what they want to do and what they must do to maintain peace for themselves and not take on too much.  If he cannot have fun in the guild then I hope he finds it elsewhere.  It is after all a game and if you are not having fun then why play it?  I hope Frostburn finds what he is looking for and continues to keep in contact with us  Smiley.

Wrath of the Lich King Plans

All main characters and specs will be re-decided upon reaching level eighty.  In addition, class leaders and profession leaders will be cleared as well and voted on again.
The DKP system will be consolidated to remove inactive players from the list.  There points will be put into a bank category and there values will be stored in case of their return.  At this time we believe that the points will maintain there current values and not be reset, however as we get closer to raiding this may change.  The spreadsheet will also be reduced removing all of the detail of item drops from BC instances.

The current plan for guild organized runs is that once we start getting people to level eighty we will begin a one day a week guild five mans and heroics to help members obtain gear for raiding.  Once we get a sufficient number of people to eighty we plan on moving straight into twenty-five man content.  Blizzard is supposedly designing the encounters so that we will not be required to run ten-mans before the twenty-five man content.  The schedule will resume to Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 8-11:30 at this point.

All of this will be open to evaluation and possible change as we near level eighty raiding.

Good luck to everyone against the forces of the Lich King  Smiley

Edit: Fixed raid days.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:18:48 PM by Helwin » Logged

"I do this for Aiur"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: