Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  New Game Content
| | |-+  WoW 3.0 Tomorrow (?) - what does it mean to you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: WoW 3.0 Tomorrow (?) - what does it mean to you?  (Read 2415 times)
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »

So provided the patch comes out tomorrow, there's going to be a metric-ton of changes.  New professions, new talent builds, new arenas, huge class changes, gear changes, etc...

I'm just curious (this is not the officer-frosh talking, btw):  What do you look forward to?

I really look forward to testing out my new build via Arena. 

Provided we could get the numbers, I would love to try out holy on relatively nerfed content (i say relatively nerfed, becuase while it was MAJORLY nerfed, so were a lot of abilities - like taking more than one mana potion..)  I think ultimately the raid encounters would be 'easier', but I don't think they'll be "ZOMG IILLIDAN DEAD!" easy...

I really look forward to trying out Prot and seeing how much of my gear has changed (and how much of it is now worthless...what ARE they doing with those librams that are specific to abilities that no longer exist...)

5mans are always a good time, but i haven't ran a 5 man in months (litterally).  Shame on me.

Is anyone going to level up Inscriptions starting tomorrow (or is that saved for your DK alt?)
Anyone going to be tweaking addons for the next month?
Leveling a new 'uber alt' (you know, the alt that is uber now but by the time you get it to 70 (80) it is now worthless?)

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »

I'm not immediately looking to level anything new.  Being a tailor/enchanter still seems like the best use for my lock, at least at the moment.

I do think I'll need to learn a radically different playstyle, as they have torn up the page all the old warlock builds were on.  Might be neat, we'll see.

Instead I also have a level 65 shammie that is poised to spring on Nagrand once all the mobs there lose 30% of their hits.  All those Nesingwary grinds are going to go a lot quicker now, I hope!  I'm also thinking of revisiting a few elite mobs that I was --almost-- able to take before, to see if I can solo them now, just for fun.

That 30% BC nerf is going to make life a lot easier on the leveling DK types, too, so long as Blizz doesn't nerf the XP level along with the hits.

The big hope I have for LK is that it will bring everyone closer together and provide a more flexible raid environment that is fun for everyone.  The big fear I have is that with all those ten-man options out there the guild might fracture on clique-lines.  My sense is that it is going to need the guild leadership to have a plan for easing into ten-person raiding and then 25-person raiding as the level 80 toons trickle in.  I don't see everyone leveling in a rush; more a stream of people over several months.
benthecruel

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »

first of would like 2 say good post frosh some of the things im looking forward 2 are the following

tankin as a prot pally vs. healing as a healing pally

i had my mind made up i was goin 2 go prot but ive been informed by a former KOR class leader that healing for pallies rly isnt as bad as i thought and in what little ive done on the ptr it kind makes a little sense

1. getting rid of salvation..... at first glance i thought this was horrible but now that i got 2 thinkin about it tank should be able 2 hold aggro these days and healers should be able 2 watch there aggro(which shouldnt be a issue anyway)

2. the nerfes on various abilities some r worse than others but SP is so much better than healing and damage when i played the ptr i was concistly spaming 3000 flash of lights granted i havent played the ptr lately but ive been told this is still the case

3. not sure yet how beacon of light works i assume i cast on the tank then go an heal someone else and tank gets healed for however much i heal the other target 4? kinda a 2 for 1?

i encourage all classes 2 try the various specs they have the gear 4 and c how they like it i was gonna not even bother with healing and just go prot but even though i have prot pally epic gear im still goin 2 see how healing goes. if i dont like it i can always re-spec
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »

Instead I also have a level 65 shammie that is poised to spring on Nagrand once all the mobs there lose 30% of their hits.  All those Nesingwary grinds are going to go a lot quicker now, I hope!  I'm also thinking of revisiting a few elite mobs that I was --almost-- able to take before, to see if I can solo them now, just for fun.

Unfortunately, Jax, I hate to be a bubble-burster, but those changes apply only to raid mobs =/

I would really like to try tanking a raid instance with the new Warrior changes, I suspect it will be infinitely less frustrating and more fun. I think we could easily beat Gorefiend now, even without his 30% nerf. Just not having to worry about the tank being splatted by a Crushing Blow is a huge load off the healers. Plus my threat on him will be 10000x higher. I'd also like to try doing a lot of the larger pulls without CC, it seems a lot more doable with a Warrior tank due to the changes to Thunderclap, plus Shockwave. I may respec Shadowstep to Inscription since he's already an Herbalist, and he hasn't skinned a mob in months. Maybe we could try Hyjal too with the new multitanking changes.

Ben: Salvation was "gotten rid of" because it's effects were rolled into all classes *anyway*. Aggro management isn't really an issue anymore (though I think it should be)

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 02:08:25 PM »

Unfortunately, Jax, I hate to be a bubble-burster, but those changes apply only to raid mobs =/

You are the anvil upon my wings.  The pee in my Cheerios.  The slayer of my puppies.
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »

Sorry man =/

I figured it'd be better to find out now than tomorrow, when you'd be in Nagrand all like "wtf, why aren't these things dying instantly?"

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »

Sorry man =/

I figured it'd be better to find out now than tomorrow, when you'd be in Nagrand all like "wtf, why aren't these things dying instantly?"

He's a lock. They already do that. There's a little-known check in the mob AI that if they run into a lock, they commit suicide, because their death will be cleaner and more humane that way.

Also, "the pee in my Cheerios"... priceless. I need to save that for later. Cheesy
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 05:46:00 AM »

Actually, it was for my l65 shammie.  I'd sort of hoped to dash her up to 70 real quick-like.
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 06:32:44 AM »

Actually, it was for my l65 shammie.  I'd sort of hoped to dash her up to 70 real quick-like.

From mmo-champion.com:

The amount of experience needed to level from 60 to 70 has been lowered.

And I am the marshmellow in your lucky charms!

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 07:28:44 AM »

More importantly what inscriptions are you going to get for your 2 major and 3 minors?

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=General_Information

For me - as I will go Frost, my two majors are 1) Water elemental (more uptime for Squirt!), and 2) Mage Armor (more mana - great for parties/raiding) or Evocation (health return during Evo - great for leveling).

My Minors are Slow fall (no more feathers!), Penguin, and Frost Ward

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:09 AM »

From mmo-champion.com:

Oooo...how much lowered?
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:18:16 AM »

If I am remembering it correctly there was an interview done at the DirecTV Blizcon booth that indicated that 60-70 currently could leave like 2-3 areas untouched and that after the patch it would be more like 4-5.  Not sure how much that is in reality but it seems huge.

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing the changes to DPS for Prot Warriors.  I had always tried to build a "Sheild Slam" set previously as I was able to get somewhat decent Prot DPS from it (and Sheld Slam crits just felt cool Wink)but after the multi-elixir nerf it nosed into the ground badly (actually I had built all my sets around elixirs - that change really did some damage).  

Anyway, while I was initially a little upset that all warriors would now have Sheild Slam (and full threat capabilities) I'm now interested in seeing what might be accomplished with a hybrid build as well (started trying to get PTR up last week but never did get around to finishing - lots of downloads!).   Blizzard indicated a dual spec system coming sometime in the future so I won't have to choose between tanking  and leveling if it comes soon enough (or again if DPS is good enough in Prot).

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/14/essentail-add-ons-for-patch-3-0-2/  and http://www.wowwiki.com/WotLK_AddOn_status for 3.0.2 add-ons if anyone is looking (thanks Mermac).

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:57 AM »

From mmo-champion.com:

Oooo...how much lowered?

By a ton. My beta DK wasn't even able to finish a bunch of zones while leveling. I did Hellfire, the first half of Zangarmarsh, skipped Terokkar, and am working through Nagrand, and am almost 68 with just doing that. You should get from 65 to 70 in a weekend, tops.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

Okay, we're back to cute cuddling kittens and warm snuggling puppies again.
Mermac
Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »

To me it means respeccing my Hunter to BM, getting a group into MC and taming me a Core Hound of my very own Smiley

But I guess first duty will be for my shammy to use up my 4-5 bags of herbs and start leveling Inscriptions.  Going to still be plucking a lot of stupid pretty flowers on the way.  Something tells me the old world is going to be pretty devoid of flowers for a while.

My Warlock is first just going to sit down and cry and then start frantically searching for +spirit gear she had not gotten around to disenchanting yet.

...and the Druid...He will go to feral DPS and start trying to get a group for Heroic Sethekk Halls (epic Druid Flight form) once another certain unnamed lvl 68 Druid gets to lvl 70.

And there is one very happy Ret Pally just dancing in Shatt and preparing to wage war on everyone Smiley

Mermac (Llandra, Melomac, Malmac, Fyolin)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: