Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:56:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Important Guild Information
| | |-+  Threat Meter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Threat Meter  (Read 2241 times)
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »

We have decided that the threat meter to be used on raids is Omen.  Please remember to download it.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/9101/

"I do this for Aiur"
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »

First, is this real or did someone hack your account?  Cheesy

Is it now a requirement (maybe it was, I don't remember since I always ran KTM anyway) to run a threat meter or can people just install the Threat library?

It appears that the WOWAce version may be newer - it seems to be updated more often (but is still beta) - version there is 63574.16 (vs. 57882.18 on Curse)

Finally, are you really sure you want to do this right before 2.4 which will be totally screwing with the combat log or is it explicitly because of that?
Jahira
Guild Member

Jahira Jahira
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:11:51 AM »

Its real.  Threat meters (up to this point KTM) have been required of all raiders for quite a while.  We have been able to run Omen in addition to KTM but have been required to have KTM installed.  From now you'll need to have Omen running.

You'll be able to use the most updated version you like so it doesn't have to come from the Curse site.

The incoming.... 2.4 will mess with a lot of add ons and isn't really an issue at this point for Omen any more than for KTM. 

Quite a lot of the raiding people are already on Omen and this is just a move to standardize as there are some minor compatibility issues between the two meters.

No, I am not an officer.
I have been following and participating in the threat meter dialogue and am pretty confident that this is the situation.  I'll certainly be corrected if it is not  Cheesy

Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »

We have decided that the threat meter to be used on raids is Omen.  Please remember to download it.

My name is Frosh, and I approve this message.

As Fuscha said, a lot of people were using it in addition to KTM since KTM was the requirement.  A lot of people 'trusted' Omen, but ran KTM because it was 'required' and ended up running both (which is still acceptable, I suppose, if you just want to run KTM for giggles).

Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

My name is Frosh, and I approve this message.

Hang on, is Frosh a trusted cert?  Roll Eyes

Ok, I'll work on getting Grynni set up with it.  (I still don't trust the numbers from it myself but if everyone is using it then that should either quickly be apparent or a non-issue. It will be interesting to see if there are significant total raid DPS changes in the stats after the change Smiley)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:55:15 PM »

Omen is just better at multi-mob fights (and is reportedly going to get even better at this).  In addition, it deals with special cases like Baz much better (and timely) than KTM.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »

Vandred is feeling recalcitrant >.>

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 03:55:36 PM »

Vandred is feeling recalcitrant >.>

I'll handle this, guys.

<pimp voice>Vandred will do what he's told to do, and he'll LIKE it!</pimp voice>
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »

Omen is just better at multi-mob fights (and is reportedly going to get even better at this).  In addition, it deals with special cases like Baz much better (and timely) than KTM.

After looking at the log for the HKM fight the other night I think the ability to see threat on other than the primary target is a good idea. Smiley

(well that or Eleth needs some +hit  Roll Eyes)
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »

<pimp voice>Vandred will do what he's told to do, and he'll LIKE it!</pimp voice>

Ok, now I'm just feeling ornery.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:38:40 PM by Vandred » Logged

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: