Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Next stop, BWL! 3/9/08
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Next stop, BWL! 3/9/08  (Read 2731 times)
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

Wait, wait, wait...

Brawl came out today!?

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 06:22:42 AM »

BWL went swimmingly yesterday.

Razorgore was amazingly fun;  I think the only death we had was xakopane who (for some reason (i lol'd)) was kiting about 20 different things around the room - a bad blink sent him to his death.  The problem with the encounter is it takes 'so long' - you still have to wait on his cooldown to destroy the eggs, so it has a built in pacing mechanic which is kinda silly;  and made for a LOT of dead orcs.

Vael was neat - we had prot pally, feral druid, holy pally doing the tanking (in that order).  The mechanics of the fight are essentially that 'the bomb' will go to the highest on threat every1 minute (or something like that) and a random mana user every 20 seconds (numbers are rough...)   The problem?  A tanking paladin has both the threat mechanic for getting the bomb as well as the mana to get the bomb;  I tanked for about 10 seconds before I was targeted with BA;  I think it went to a boomie or something who tanked the last 1%.

Supressionroom/broodlord were kind of a joke;  prot pally just tnaked all the little birdies...

Drakes were suprrisingly fun;  THe first drake was actually pretty interesting as the Debuffs still stack very painfully;  I think back at 60 we had people run out at 5 debuffs;  last night, we had people run out at 20 Wink   Still resulted in a few deaths.

Ebonroc wiped us due to unpreparedness (bad pull), but on the 2nd attempt was pretty straightforward (gogo taunt rotation)  We actually saw rejuvenating Gem drop (I didn't win it Sad)

The last drake was so tank'n'spank it wasn't even funny...

Chrommie is ridiculously annoying, even at 70, as it's just a spam-decurse-fight...

Nefarion was very cool to see (and kill) - we had Priest call, Shaman call, Hunter call, and warlock call before we downed him.

All in all, a good run - i had a ton of fun and look forward to going back sometime in the future.

Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 08:27:02 AM »

We had the Druid call as well right when he went down.  Wink

"I do this for Aiur"
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »

Wait, wait, wait...

Brawl came out today!?

Yeah, dude. I've been playing it constantly. In the end, I decided Brawl > Nefarian. You're behind the times. Tongue
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »

Hmmmm...Vandred needs to hit an EB, stat.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Ryvin

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »

CVN is invading your fourms!

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the good times in AQ, MC, and BWL.  We should do some Naxx runs to get everybody prepared for the encounters.  It'll make it that much easier when it's a level 80 dungeon.

P.S.  I thought you weren't supposed to take a durability loss when you die from Vael's B.A.  :'(

Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »

Hey Ryvin Smiley

It depends on what killed you;  If you actually die from BA, you don't take a durability hit - but it's REALLY difficult to die from BA - you're much more likely to die from just having a low number of HP.

Really, only paladins and mages can live long enough to die from BA - most every other class will die from the low number of hit points (5% reduced every second) - so in 20 seconds, you'll be dead;  a pally can bubble at 45% hp loss (9 debuffs) and bubble all the way to the final tick of BA (same with mage iceblock).  I think warriors can do something similar by utilizing a well-timed LastStand.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:07:22 PM by Frosh » Logged

Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »

I think warriors can do something similar by utilizing a well-timed LastStand.

Shocked  A real tank would never waste the cooldown!  Grin
Wire
Guild Member

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »

My thanks to everyone who participated in the BWL run, and especially to those that organized it.  I had been hoping for a "revenge" run through BWL for quite some time, and enjoyed it immensely.  While struggling with new instances and bosses is a fun challenge, walking all over the bad guys from time-to-time is very satisfying as well.   Grin  -Mixelpitlik
satrissian

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »

I had a great time as well.  Thanks to all those who turned out and so efficiently dispatched the bad guys.  Many of the fights remain tricky and fun, especially if we surprise pull them!   

It is possible that my numbers are off, but I think we nailed the place in about 1.5 hours of raid time with 20 people.  From boss and trash coin drops alone, each player netted something like 75g.  While 50g per hour is not going to set any farming records, stomping BWL with a group of folks having a good time beats the tar outa grinding elementals solo.  Not to mention the super-sexy paladin, healing, and dps trinkets that we landed and the shards that were split between the guilds.

So here is my question - did people enjoy that enough to consider making a regular 20 man stomp of the place. 

As I see it, we could expect a farm run to yield: ~75g cash per person, 2-3 raid-usable trinkets, and 1-2 nexxus crystals per person. 
That's worth an hour and a half evrery now and then to me.  Lemme know who else might be interested.

Also, stay tuned for Naxx.  Read up on Spider Wing!
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »

I'd totally be up for a regular stomping of BWL, depending on the day/time.

Also, stay tuned for Naxx.  Read up on Death Knight Wing!

Also, fixed.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 05:20:35 AM »

That souds cool.  Sorry I have not been able to make to any of these farmapaloozas so far but I really want to, that is if there is room for another tanky type.

satrissian

Email
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 06:46:25 AM »

I'd totally be up for a regular stomping of BWL, depending on the day/time.

Also, stay tuned for Naxx.  Read up on Death Knight Wing!

Also, fixed.
You no likey spiders?
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »

While 50g per hour is not going to set any farming records,

lol, I think that's like 2x what I average (after including costs of repair, pots, bandages).  What do other warrior farmers earn? (and where - just curious, really! Roll Eyes)
Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »

Dailies, and farming hebs/ore is where I make my $

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: