Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Next stop, BWL! 3/9/08
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Next stop, BWL! 3/9/08  (Read 2728 times)
satrissian

Email
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »

The tour bus o'fun rides again!!!!!

This time we are hitting BWL.  The raid will be lead by Frosh of KoR and by Cardinal and Sartissian of CVN.

Sunday March 9, 2-5 PM server time.  Be there AND be square!

Pre-req's

1. Get attuned, noobs!
2. Anyone who wants to tank MUST have an ony cloak.
3. Everyone else should just bring it if you have it.  It's been too long and I can't really remember why/if it's necessary.
4. Be lvl 70.
5. Demand no lootz.

Gameplan

We will crash our tour bus right into Lord Victor Nefarion's house and whoop his ass.  We are shooting for a raid of about 25 peeps, but wil go with as few as 10 and as many as 40.  Please brush up on the strats, so we can at least pretend to display some finesse in dispatching these old foes.

Loot:

Need Items
BWL has the interesting distinction of being an old world instance with a few pieces of surprisingly good loot.  We want that loot to go to people who will use it to further the raid endeavors of the guilds involved.  We will master loot, and let raiding mains from either guild roll for NEEDED items.
These items include:

• Shaman Tier 2 (for purposes of Chain Heal boostage)
  • Naltharion's Tear (DPS castertrinket)
  • Rejuvenating Gem (Healing trinket)
  • Scrolls of Blinding Light (Pally haste trinket)
  • Mind Quickening Gem (Mage Haste Trinket)
  • Styleen's Impeding Scarab (tank trinket)

Antique Collectibles
We recognize that some folks like to collect the super rare and recognizable items because you have too much bank space.  We will keep a SHORT list of items available to collectors.  If you are interested in one of these items, please let the master looter know at the start of the raid.  This will help avert silly gimme-the-pretty-purple issues.

• Ashkandi
  • Staff of Shadow Flame
  • Untamed Blade
  • Claw of Chromagus

Greed Items
In the interest of efficiency, we will not be greeding items.  Items will be master-looted to an enchanter, sharded, and split between the two guilds' representatives for banking or distribution.

The purpose of this little venture into BWL is tourism and, for some, revenge - NOT LOOT.  We will keep a steady clip and will try not to let loot interfere with our true purpose - dragonslaying.  For that reason, we will not greed items.  If you want items for greed, make seperate plans to get a farm group together.  We're here for the blood.

If there is an item you have a decent reason to really want, and it is not listed above, please speak up now (post) and we will adjust the list.  We won't deviate on the day of the run, though.

So with that messy little bit of admin out of the way, get on over to Wowwiki and read up on BWL!  See you Sunday.

edit: added Styleen's Scarab to the need list
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 06:42:34 AM by satrissian » Logged
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »

I will be posting the GEM event this evening (provided i can get online....8" of snow atm and i'm trapped at work).  Considering the success we had in AQ40 with incredibly limited knowledge of the encounters, I expect BWL should be a much shorter and more effecient.

Frosh
Guild Officer

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »

BTW:  If there are people that need keyed, I woudl be happy to run a UBRS zerg group through around 1:00 server time - we can summon the uber slackers at the end, but it could be fun to 10man UBRS with a pally tank (gogo aoe)

Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »

If I were to bring my Paladin, and wanted, say, the t2 gear that dropped (purely for looks, as the set is in my opinion one of the best armor sets they've ever made), is that possible, or would I be out of luck?

Also, on your list of still-relevant items, you should add Styleen's Impeding Scarab-one of the best tanking trinkets *still*.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Frosh
Guild Officer

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

I believe we decided that if you need an exact piece (for example, you're at 7/8 t2 and just need the chest piece or something) we could allow for that, but I don't think we want to make it so broad Sad

satrissian

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »

Because there are items that raiding folks could still make use of, we want to make it our top loot priority to get those items into the right hands.  I know it would be fun for some of us to complete our t2 sets, but I figure that if we haven't tried to do so on our own by now, it's probably not really that big of a priority.  So, it seems more efficeient to just master loot the need/unique pieces and ignore the rest.  I'd be happy to join a farming group to come back and farm gear for alts another time, but this run is going to focus on efficiently tearing through the place and building a bit more cohesion in the dual-guild raid team.  The next stop will be Naxx, and rumor has it that going in there clueless for a zerg-fest will probably not work as well as AQ did Smiley 
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 07:30:51 AM »

Naxx has some "divide and conquer" bosses that can still dice up a raid.  A lot of kind of tricksie special ways they normally need to be fought, too (like the master being tanked by his mind-controlled students).  Not sure how level 70 factors in.
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »

...building a bit more cohesion in the dual-guild raid team.

Crud, was going to ask if ex-guild members that would like some revenge having spent countless hours running in circles, burning, ducking in cubby holes, etc. might be able to join.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »

but brawl comes out march 9th...

Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »

4. Be lvl 70.

:'(

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »

Is it..?  Can it be..?

Good lord, man.  I thought you were dead or something.  How ya been?
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »

but brawl comes out march 9th...

I know... tough call here.
Frosh
Guild Officer

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »

Crud, was going to ask if ex-guild members that would like some revenge having spent countless hours running in circles, burning, ducking in cubby holes, etc. might be able to join.

You are welcome to join us, Ahmaj. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:28:53 PM by Frosh » Logged

Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »

Is it..?  Can it be..?

Good lord, man.  I thought you were dead or something.  How ya been?

Old adventurers never die, we just marry barmaids and retire.
...Or become king.
...Or move to the Allerian Stronghold.
...Or start farms.

I've been busy, that's all.

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »

You are welcome to join us, Ahmaj. Smiley

Woot, thanks!  Uhh, still have my Ony Cloak, Talisman and the guild provided Dark Iron gear but that's it for FR I think... is it needed at 70?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: