Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Important Guild Information
| | |-+  Raiding Goals Updated
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Raiding Goals Updated  (Read 1064 times)
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

With 2.4 and all of the changes it will bring, the officers decided to set some 'goals' for the guild.  In summary, the goals are:

Pre-2.4:
- Morogrim Tidewalker.
- Kael'Thas to Phase 3.
- Try out some world bosses.

Post-2.4:
- Magtheridon.
- Try out Black Temple and Hyjal Summit.

Obviously we don't know how long we have until 2.4 comes - so the pre 2.4 may be too much to chew (it could come out next week) or we may see ourselves working on Illidan (some of these patches sit on the PTR for a LONG time).  So the "Pre-2.4" is designed for "what we want to do within the next couple of weeks" (the officers feel that a 'month' is a good time to plan for).  Basically, we'd like to finish up Morogrim before 2.4 comes out.  We would also like to engage Kael at least to kill the weapons and get to the truely "legendary" part of the encounter.  World bosses seem like a 'fun' filler to do if we find class balances not right or just for a change of pace.

Once 2.4 comes out, we want to go smack Magtheridon, steal his 25g lunch money and gems, and get players their titles;  it will also be a notch in our belt.  (though after all the nerfs, we may not want to brag too heavily about beating up the poor pit-lord..).  We then want to start looking in to Black Temple and Hyjal.  We may find that we really enjoy the instances and have a good balance for them;  or we may find that "trash hits hard!" and head back to progress further in the Tier5 dungeons. 

Basically the short term goals (pre 2.4) should be obtainable by 2.4 - if we obtain them, we'll certainly continue adventuring - it's not like we'll kill Morogrim and then hearth and not raid until 2.4.  At the same time, we want to be realistic in setting expectations for further t5 content.  Note the goal isn't to kill kael before we enter BT - if we do, that's fantastic - but we won't be taking the "we won't enter BT/Hyjal until we do it 'the right way'" stance.

Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »

RE:  Jax and Leotheras

(from the other thread)

I'm not sure where Leotheras stands at this point;  i think making him a 'target' post 2.4 might be a bit daft (bigger fish to fry) and trying to get to him before 2.4 might be a bigger challenge than we're ready for.  To that end, I think a lot of it is 'up to you' about how much you want to invest in your fire resist suit. 

If (when) you complete your FR suit, I believe the Guild would love to go back and at least make some attempts at him to see what he's all about - not only would it be allowing you to showcase what you've worked hard for, it would also allow us to see another interesting boss encounter (I look forward to killing my demon with style).

If, however, you choose to not invest any of your hard earned gold and badges in any FR, I don't think the guild will hold it over your head - some may even breath a sigh of relief about not having to wipe the raid due to an inner-demon-gone-mad.

So, i guess in summary:  We won't be 'requiring' Leo to die pre-2.4, but if you want to finish up your suit, we'll definitely try to take his lunch money Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: