Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 03:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Raids and Raid Strategies
| |-+  General Raiding Tips and Strategies
| | |-+  morogrim strat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: morogrim strat  (Read 1335 times)
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »

Raid makeup required:

1 tanking pally (<--- yours truly)
2 warlocks
1 priest healing the tanking pally (secondary healer on tombed players)
1 druid healing the tanking pally (primary healing tombed players)
1 raid healer & 'extra' tank healer (Resto shaman or CoH priest)
3 MT healers

The implementation is this:

(the one change from this diagram is we will shift morogrim on to the ramp - basically slide everyone 'south' in the diagram such that morogram is on the ramp so there are no tricky LoS issues - it will also help as the bottom of the ramp is the 'central point' for the murlocs to meet at)

Just before murlocs are summoned (earthquake), a warlock will begin tapping health and I (the tanking pally) will heal him to build up healing aggro (i will also be standing on top of all other healers in case it they get healing aggro).  It is important that healing be kept to an absolute minimum during this time to reduce healing aggro on the murlocs I will pick up the murlocs with my aoe damage and move them to the melee dps area.  Once I am there, warlocks will Seed of Corruption on Morogrim so the 'explosion' takes down the adds and regular raid and tank healing can continue.  During that time, all other dps will stay exclusively on Morogrim leaving 2 warlocks and 1 paladin to completely deal with killing the adds (other aoe may fill in as needed). 

This strategy is backed by some significant theorycraft and (if things get tricky damage wise) a single mage can drop a blizzard or some other high effeciency AOE to help clean them out - baz can concecrate as well once i move them in to position, hunters can multishot, dps warriors can whirlwind, etc...but everyone will have Morogrim Targeted (no need to switch targets - think Illhoof without demon chains). 

Ultimately, this is a much more straightforward solution to morogrim with very specific jobs for individual classes and strong reliance on only a few players (tanks, healers, and warlocks).  As long as the tanks (me + whoever is on morogrim) can keep aggro and as long as healers can keep everyone topped off, it's now just a tank'n'spank with some raid-wide AOE which can be more than compensated by AOE heals from Priests.

I would love to share the theorycraft behind this as questions/comments come up, suffice to say I am certain that the 'requirements' above are 'overkill' and are actually very safe (i maintain i could do this with a single priest healing me and no need for the resto druid to 'help').  The only tricky situation is if we get a bad 'grave' (for example, 4 healers tombed, or me and my healers tombed, etc... which is a risk we always run on the fight anyways).  The solution for Frosh getting tombed is a 2ndary warrior/druid aoe taunting until i can bubble and get back in position - ultimately no different than we would have to do anyways.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:45:50 PM by Frosh » Logged

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »

I thought this worked well last night.  The only suggestion I'd make is to use a higher-aggro healer than a pally as a "bait healer" to draw them into the pally concecrate.  I like droods for this if feasible, since bear form then gives a good survival option verus the "get pwned" option likely to affect other healers.  Cheesy
Nyteflower

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

Not really necessary to keep EVERYONE topped off, just above that 4500-5000 mark. This really is one fight where people need to be willing to heal thy self using whatever means possible to stay above that number as fast as possible.

Bring healing pots to the raid everyone Cheesy
Nyteflower

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »

Hrm, watery grave healing eh? I'm used to only spamming 3 in my circle of heals even though 4 can fit in a crunch. Ah well, if all the cool kids are doing it, I'll jump in the pool with 4 too. Hopefully the water isn't freezing... Shocked

I'll do some research into LB macros then. Any suggestions from outside the guild?
Duren

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »

I would recomend a druid tanking Moro, Even the best geared warrior can get instagibbed and theres nothing healers can do abotu it.  He constantly knocks you down so sheild block is useless while you are on teh ground.  Two crushes and a frost wave thing within 3 seconds and you are dead.  Druids just take crushes, making the healing much more even and less stressful. 
Just have a warlock lifetap when the murlocs are coming, have frosh heal teh warlock.  they will all come to him to be aoe'd down.  Both Frosh and the warlock can be out of range of watery graves.  Good luck guys.

Nyteflower

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »

Fuscha, Creakybones and I worked out some healing macros and add-ons. Now it's just a matter for me to practice mouseover heals. I need to make some more macros though...
Ahpre (aka Ahmaj)
I <3 Garden Gnomes
Guild Member

I'm dancin' as fast as I can

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

Fuscha, Creakybones and I worked out some healing macros and add-ons. Now it's just a matter for me to practice mouseover heals. I need to make some more macros though...

Depending on the macro you may want to get some practice on having a "safe spot" to keep your mouse pointer. 

I have a macro for Intervene that does target, target's target, focus or mouseover with mouseover having precedence that I implemented after not being able to initiate the ability quickly enough in some 5-mans.  This works great unless I want to hit one target but have my mouse on another valid target. 

Anyway, I've tried to get used to doing a slide up and right with my mouse after starting a fight so I know the pointer is out of the "combat" area.
Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »

After tanking him last week for a few attempts I think it is a good idea to have Sethe tank it.  I am way better than average geared and I would be totally fine and then dead.  I had a few instances where SB was on CD and then pop 2 9k+ crushes.  It seemed like Sethe ran into that problem some too, so it will just be a matter of the healers working out the kinks, but we made fantastic progress and its only a very short matter of time before he is added to our hit list.

PS, it was actually fun "DPS" ing for that fight albeit prot specced. 

Jahira
Guild Member

Jahira Jahira
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »

One of the problems we'll have to overcome on this fight is our lack of non mana dependant DPS.  All we really have availble generally is Avid, Icespector, and the Feral Druids.  Converting the druids to to Tank and healing roles for this fight hurts us quite a lot.  Not that Sethe isn't a great Tank or that Eleth isn't a great healer... Its just that DPS is tight in this fight as well and having Nalen or Vandred DPSing from Prot spec and Sethe tanking it seems to add to our DPS problem. On our best attempts we just ran out of mana and the damage could not be maintained.  Ideally another decent rogue or two would compensate for the loss of Sethe and Eleth but we don't have any more.

We can probably make it work either way in the long run.  Its just a matter of which hurdle...healing or DPS is the easiest to overcome.

jezziga
Guild Member

J3zziga
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:26 AM »

Obviously having Opep along would help out a lot too - one SP for the healers and one for the dps.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: