Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Scheduled AQ40 run for 2/10/08
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Scheduled AQ40 run for 2/10/08  (Read 2709 times)
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:27:03 PM »

I don't mean to be argumentative, but there are explanations for seeing resists on various skull boss fights.
Blizzard has said that skull means your level+3, period. How much this matters I don't know, since I've seen videos of people doing Garr at 70, and not getting blown back by the explosion from the adds at all.
The adds on Garr are not Skull bosses so their level will still be low 60-something, and their explosions will be easily resisted by a lvl 70 player.

As for Onyxia, I haven't run it enough as lvl 70 to offer personal experience, but again browsing WWS's seems to confirm that you will resist environmental effects (the lava fissures) as if they were still lvl 60ish, but that you will still get hit by the skull boss's direct magical attacks as if she were lvl 73(for a previously daunting, now laughable, 1-3k).  For example: http://wowwebstats.com/65uozxmzpyd1a?s=1942-3334&bl=1942&fia=3&fiaa=t&fit=0  and  http://wowwebstats.com/6typ1ovc2ad3i?s=656-1477&bl=656&fia=2&fiaa=t 

At any rate, I can't wait to come back to this once we have that emperical evidence that Aniral suggested.  Looking forward to the party!

Ahh, very enlightening. Thank you!
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »

So AQ40 yesterday seemed like a pretty big success - i apologize for having to leave near the end, but nieces only turn two once...

I talked to Sartissian on the way home last night (around 9 server time) and he said c'thun was engaged and down to as much at 60%.

I really enjoyed seeing the content, and I really thought it was neat to see us 'learn' twin emps (took us 3 tries Wink).

Did others enjoy it? 
Would others be interested in hitting it again (and downing C'Thun?) 
Are there other old dungeons people would like to hit? 

I think we had about 30 yesterday for the run - there's a link to WWS on the cvn.guildportal.com website that people can use if interested.  (for some reason, not all boss fights are present...)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:39:58 AM by Frosh » Logged

Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »

I absolutely loved AQ40, and am absolutely interested in going again and taking down C'thun.

I also would love to take a shot at Naxxramas.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Wire
Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »

By my (Mixelpitlik) observation, we had as many as 33 at one point for the AQ40 (AQ33?) run yesterday, and ended up with 27 (AQ27).  I enjoyed it immensely!  Now how about a "BWL - The Revenge of the Raiders" run?
Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »

Hehe and the two top dps are...

Creakybones and Avid!!! Take that CVN progession.

Seriously though, it was a total blast I'd totally be up for doing BWL, AQ40, or Nax.

Nyteflower

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »

Truely, Fuscha and Nyteflower ftw on heals too!!! Tongue
Frosh
Guild Officer

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »

All epeens aside, i was very pleased with KoR. 

We certainly weren't the majority, but I felt we brought a lot to the joint-effort;  I really appreciated everyone downloading and using Vent without much fuss.  Overall, there was little-to-no drama, and I think it was good for the relationship between guilds (CVN & KoR) and even between guildies (it's good to go out and 'just have fun' with your fellow KoR members). 

Frosh
Guild Officer

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »

Loot system should definitely be re-worked, but I'd be careful about calling anyone a 'lootwhore'. (especially when Vandred rolled 'need' on an item - nothing wrong with it as the system (once changed to built in interface) no longer allowed a 'use' button)

satrissian

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »

This run was posted in the CVN forums as an "AQ 40 Fun Run"  (Hence the similarly named WWS).  And it was just that - fun.  CVN had a blast and across the board gave me positive feedback that they enjoyed running with you guys.  I'm not sure how to interpret comments like "Take that CVN progession."  I'll hope that's just a missed-context or failed funny sort of thing, and as such it's no big deal.  I know that no one in CVN came to this run looking to prove anything or with a chip on their shoulder.  If you perceived that, I would appreciate the courtesy of a conversation about it rather than a public cheap shot 

Xako: "Vandred got a cool looking sword and some of us got bug mounts for use inside the immense instance.  I'd say the only minor drama were a couple of loot whores from CVN who made some need abuses."  I will take some responsibility for the confusion that contributed to this.  Changing the loot rules mid-run was confusing, but we felt it was kind of silly to spend twice as long doling out lvl 60 loot as we spent killing the bosses.  It didn't seem to be important to the whole "fun" aspect of the encounter to exercise absolute control of the looting.  Sorry for causing confusion.  Be that as it may, I will not apologize for reacting negatively to you calling a CVN need roll "Loot whoring" on the same line of a post in which you congratulate Vandred for his need roll.  First, I was aparently focused on something different than you to have missed the alleged CVN loot whoring.  Second, as I told him yesterday, I am happy that Vandred got the sword.  I know from interacting with him on these boards that he will appreciate it more than anyone else I knew on the run.  And not one person in CVN complained that he rolled need for a sword that wasn't exactly needed.  Because it's lvl 60 quality loot.  Lvl 60 quality loot that is not worth thinking twice about, much less complaining about or forgetting that we were in a new place seeing new things together as a team, having a good time.  Who, but a loot whore, really cares about the loot enough to allow that to characterize their impression of such a run?

Yes, I realize that this post is out of my normal character on these boards.  I had much more expected (and preferred) to just come and say, on behalf of CVN, "Hey thanks guys, we had a blast!  Let's make sure we do it again soon!"  In my time as a guest here, I have been very careful and deliberate in staying out of KoR business that did not concern me.  I have chipped in on a few academic discussions and offered advice only when I believed it to be constructive.  I hate the outsider who comes in masquarading superiority as benevolence as much as anyone else, and I have always taken care not to come across like that.  It is no secret that I would be reading this thread (as I have clearly already posted in it), and it's hard not to take these public posts as at least disrespectful of me and CVN, if not deliberate cheap shots.  They certainly do nothing to further the amicable relations between our guilds that enabled all of us to enjoy that run in the first place.

I'll be arranging more fun runs in the future, the point of which will be tourism and fun.  I am sorry if I didn't communicate that expectation properly on the front end.  Friendly competition and seeking certain novelty loot items are certainly invited, but I am afraid I will have to ask people to check e-peens and loot drama at the door.  But most of all, bring a light heart and some flexibility.  Yeah - that whole fun thing, again.  And lastly, I wish to make clear that I have always had a lot or respect for KoR and its members.  I have never bashed you in any forum or any context, nor would I ever permit such from anyone I associate with.  I apologize for bringing negativity to your boards, but I'm not sure how else to respond here.

Peace,
Sartissian
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Hmmm...perhaps I misunderstood something.

It was my impression that, because every single piece of loot in there, pretty much without exception, is now obsolete, that need rolls were really only in place as "If you really want *one* item from this instance, that's what your need roll is for."

If I had known that anyone could conceivably *actually* need the sword I won, I would have passed it. But looking at AQ40's loot tables, there is not a single item in there that I could find (with the possible exception of the Fetish of the Sand Reaver), that ANY level 70 could "need".

If I am in error, please tell me and I will not only apologize for my greed, but do whatever I can to make it right. It was not my intention to be greedy, I have wanted that sword ever since I saw a screenshot of it on Thottbot, purely because I think it's design is unique and cool. I want the 2handed sword from the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas for a similar reason, purely to experience the special event that the sword triggers in Scarlet Monastery's Cathedral.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Eleth
Guild Officer

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

Sartrissian,

Well said! Although i wasn't on the run your post is well written and polite, I also would hope that the comments posted here were meant to be 'funny'. and instead fell flat. I will definitely try to be there for the next one, this weekend was just a little bad for me.

I would remind everyone that it is very easy to be misunderstood in posts and to try to think very carefully how to say it before saying anything which could possibly be misunderstood.

I for one would like to thank you and Frosh again for organizing this
Eleth
Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 07:42:42 PM »

Forgive my Sat, I had a great time with you guys and I would hate for my hasty comments to tarnish any KoR/CVN relationship. I have the upmost respect for they way your guild is run and the amazing quality and discipline of your players, especially your rogues. Although I have no qualms about a little competition (mostly stemming from me and Xiet trying to argue whose rogue epeen could do more dps to the amusement of the patrons at the Other Realms store), I can see now that I was a bit rash and, especially as a KoR class leader, out of place. Yes, it was meant to be sarcastic and slightly funny, but it will neither be the first nor the last time I have fallen a bit short.

Avid
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:52:10 PM by Avid » Logged

Nyteflower

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »

Well, I had a blast. I've been extremely burned out on healing right now, but seeing some new sights really put a new spin on my job and I thank you tremendously for that. A BC vacation was just what the doctor ordered Wink

For the heals, I have no faith whatsoever in healing meters. They're SO cheatable it's not even funny (because they count healing out of battle;  i.e. when ppl are rezing). But it is extremely nice to see that for the most part, the KoR healers work together and have very close healing power. It's something we don't terrific perspective of in our own raids simply because we have no comparison.

Thank you for having us Cheesy I should have said that in my previous post, sorry for the omission. Also, Agelaus and I had super windy weather and our connection got knocked out towards the end. Would have loved to see the final fight, but it looks super hard. I can't believe people did that instance as 60's; the coordination must have been monumental! Wink

If we do that again, and the threat reduction trinket drops again, I may need it. Druid healer agro ftl Tongue I thought about it later and regretted not rolling...

Thanks again Sat and please thank CVN for us! Terrific run, everyone worked great together and it was TONS of fun!!!!! Thanks for setting it up Grin Grin Grin
Jahira
Guild Member

Jahira Jahira
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 10:00:47 PM »

AQ40 was great fun!

I haad never been before and really do appreciate the tour.

As I understood it after the looting rules switch.. which was a good call... it speeded things up quite a lot...  You rolled Need if you really wanted it, Greed if you'd take it but didn't really care.. and pass otherwise.  It sounded like a great idea for that level of stuff and I had no issue with who got anything or how often.. I really didn't pay any attention to it after just peeking at it to see what it was.

For healing, I was very happy to see that the top 7 healers were funtionally identical regardless of the guild they were in.  That is just Made of Win =)

Thanks for the tour Sart, I'd love to go again ...vroooom!

satrissian

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »

/grouphug
vroooom!

Chatting with Frosh last night, we were thinking that a BWL run might be fun as a next target.  I think CVN ultimately would like to do Naxx, as it makes sense to take advantage of learning opportunities now while it's zergable rather than walk in cold at 80.  But, BWL does have a few things going for it.  One, it was a rough place for both CVN and KoR, and I see a line of people chomping at the bit to put Nef back in his place.  Two, it actually has some really useful loot - Mage haste trinket, Shaman T2 3 piece bonus - situationally useful for Chain Healing, Tank trinket, and Naltharion's Tear - still one of the best caster trinkets in the game.   Third, its a much smaller place than AQ, and a good bit easier.  We have raid leaders and quite a few players already familiar with the bosses.  If we show up with the same kind of super-powered zerg army that we fielded for AQ40, we could easily be in and out in 2 hours.  Even with as few as 15, the place could be cleared in ~3 hours.

While weekends are not great for me personally, it seems the best bet at getting lots of folks together outside of our raid schedules.  Even when I won't be able to attend, I will happily coordinate the CVN half of the bargain and provide at least one CVN raid leader for each one we set up.  Any objections to setting our sites on BWL?  Also, is there a better time for KoR in general than Sunday afternoon?

Sart 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: