Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Scheduled AQ40 run for 2/10/08
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Scheduled AQ40 run for 2/10/08  (Read 2707 times)
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

Sartissian from CVN, Cardinal from CVN, and myself are setting up an AQ40 run for Sunday, 2/10/08 at 2pm server time.  It's basically an opportunity for us to go see some old content many of us have never seen.  Rules & requirements are as follows:

1.  Level 70s only (exceptions will be made for players who do not yet have a level 70)
2.  Alts are welcome
3.  Loot will be random rolled on in 3 phases: need/use/greed.  I can't think of what will be "needed" out of this place, but there is a chance that something will.  "Need" means you will use it for your class's primary roll (direct upgrade to something you are currently using).  "Use" means its a side-grade or off-spec item.  "Greed" means you will vendor it or put it on when you feel like being "pretty" in Ironforge.
4. If you have multiple characters, please bring them all to the entrance before the raid.  We will run with as few as 20 people, so having some added flexibility will be very helpful.

If you're interested in this or have any questions, please post.  I'll be adding a GEM event this evening for KoR signups.

More details will certainly follow...

Gelgornn
Guild Member

Minister of Infoz!!!

infernoskk neofitexl
Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »

Man, i dont have my NR gear anymore Smiley

This should be goodtimes.

Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »

I'll need to get some new NR gear, but man I am *totally* there.

Like, *way* there. You cannot fathom how there I am...I've wanted to AQ40 since the day they announced the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event ^^

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:43:40 PM »

I will try to make it. Although I do need to pick up mage training...for instance i dont have hte refreshment table or anything Tongue

satrissian

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »

I'm stoked to get a change to run with you guys, for the first time in BC.  It'll be great to have folks from CVN and KoR teaming up.  Time to start snatching up some of that delightful green nature resist gear from the AH.  See you guys Sunday!

Sart
Constiance
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »

Think blizzard will restore the 300~ NR gear I had on my rogue? Tongue Huhu sucked.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »

Think blizzard will restore the 300~ NR gear I had on my rogue? Tongue Huhu sucked.

You'll automatically resist most of it at level 70 anyway, Cons.  No worries.  Ony and her fire are the same way.
Gelgornn
Guild Member

Minister of Infoz!!!

infernoskk neofitexl
Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »

yeah, i used to laugh they you guys used fire gear on Ony when i first switched servers.  Smiley

Huhu was a pain, so was Battleguard Satura.  Should be fun to see how being 70 changes those fights.

satrissian

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

You'll automatically resist most of it at level 70 anyway, Cons.  No worries.  Ony and her fire are the same way.
I was of the impression that as skull bosses, their effective level would be 73, making their magic and attack resist/hit/crush/etc. as frequently as any other boss.

For example, check out this WWS snipet of a lvl 70 (presumably wearing no resist gear) rogue against Huhu.  http://wowwebstats.com/jtu3jzyhi13ni?s=3162-3238&bl=3162&fia=15&fiaa=t  He doesn't resist much at all.  But the good news is that the damage that Huhu does is trivial when compared to lvl 70 health pools and our AoE healing abilities.  Thus, we arrive at the same conclusion: NR gear is hardly necessary.  But if you are like me and built an expensive NR set and never got to use it, feel free to bring it along to make yourself feel better Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:58:53 PM by satrissian » Logged
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

There's a thread somewhere here about that.  Being a skull boss ain't all that.  They are still whatever level they were, but have some advantages with hit and whatnot, I think.  Damage doesn't scale, and resistances count for more when you get levels on them.

Last time I was in an Ony group, for instance (around last march) I went in with NO FR gear and resisted something like 70% of the average deep breath.  Naxx bosses fought at about the same time weren't all that horrible to deal with either.
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »

Blizzard has said that skull means your level+3, period. How much this matters I don't know, since I've seen videos of people doing Garr at 70, and not getting blown back by the explosion from the adds at all. However, it's supposed to mean that resistances, armor requirements, hit requirement, are all the same as any other boss.

Really, though, the best way to find this out for sure is empirical evidence. Blues don't always have it right, even though they usually do.
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »

Heres the quote from the thread when Van tried to get us to do a guild organized Naxx run   Wink

The issue is that all the bosses in there are skull bosses.  Their damage scales, even if their hits don't.  They will still poison, cleave, etc. just like they used to, and it will hurt nearly as bad.  Magic effects, I have noticed, like poison, arcane, fire, etc. DO seem to resist a lot more than the old days.  Not sure why it doesn't scale like physical damage.

hp doesnt change and damage isnt changed.  the only thing the player+3 level adds is curshing, crit, hit reqs otherwise the tank would just dodge, parry, or the boss would miss every attack.  the whole myth behind the skull level is very mysterious.  wish blizz would just come out and say plain jane what it means to get an official answer and stop the confusion. Sad

They have, and they said just what you said. HP is the same, the amount of damage is the same, what changes is the level for the purposes of resists, crushing blows, glancing blows, misses.

"I do this for Aiur"
Gelgornn
Guild Member

Minister of Infoz!!!

infernoskk neofitexl
Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »

well you only need NR for Huhu and Viscious(sp) and SR for the Warlock tank on the Twin Emps, if we get that far.

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:39:01 AM »

well you only need NR for Huhu and Viscious(sp) and SR for the Warlock tank on the Twin Emps, if we get that far.

I doubt you'll even need it then.  As the above posts shows their resistance effects don't scale.  You'll be a level 70 character resisting a level 63 spell effect.
satrissian

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 08:00:42 AM »

I don't mean to be argumentative, but there are explanations for seeing resists on various skull boss fights.
Blizzard has said that skull means your level+3, period. How much this matters I don't know, since I've seen videos of people doing Garr at 70, and not getting blown back by the explosion from the adds at all.
The adds on Garr are not Skull bosses so their level will still be low 60-something, and their explosions will be easily resisted by a lvl 70 player.

As for Onyxia, I haven't run it enough as lvl 70 to offer personal experience, but again browsing WWS's seems to confirm that you will resist environmental effects (the lava fissures) as if they were still lvl 60ish, but that you will still get hit by the skull boss's direct magical attacks as if she were lvl 73(for a previously daunting, now laughable, 1-3k).  For example: http://wowwebstats.com/65uozxmzpyd1a?s=1942-3334&bl=1942&fia=3&fiaa=t&fit=0  and  http://wowwebstats.com/6typ1ovc2ad3i?s=656-1477&bl=656&fia=2&fiaa=t 

At any rate, I can't wait to come back to this once we have that emperical evidence that Aniral suggested.  Looking forward to the party!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: