Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Bellazhan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bellazhan  (Read 2406 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

I think Eleth already had it posted.  Can you check to make sure it's not double-posted?
Xakopane

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »

Only see one kara run and that is listed as posted by Helwin as "Jax's Karazhan run"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »

Ah, cool.  Thanks!
Eleth
Guild Officer

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »

Yes, Helwin beat me to the posting, so I just signed up myself and left it  Cheesy

Thanks Helwin
    Eleth
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 10:51:46 PM »

no problem Eleth  Smiley

"I do this for Aiur"
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 07:56:38 AM »

We had 16 signups yesterday, so this might be...interesting.
Eleth
Guild Officer

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

When you are reaching the 15-19 point things are always very tough, as you know that no matter what you will be disappointing a lot of people. Dont forget however we may have others available online who didnt sign up, or we can also try to get a second run going later in the evening.

Eleth
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »

Ya.  I wish I could view our GEM online and see who'd signed up.  That might be handy.

Last time I tried to make a TS channel, BTW, you said I had the wrong codec and it sounded terrible.  Do I just dload a newer version or is there a patch for it?
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »

Edit the channel in TS and select the furthest down codec you can.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »

actually you have to end up creating a whole new channel and making sure you change the codec before creating it.  (The channel Admin does not have the authority to edit the codec once it is created  Tongue)

"I do this for Aiur"
Eleth
Guild Officer

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »

generally when i am making a raid channel i choose spe-ex(sp) 12 or 15

Eleth
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 08:34:52 AM »

We had our first Bellazhan last night.  Response from the raiders for continuing was generally positive, so I'll try posting a new run this evening before the raid and see if we drum up enough interest to make this an ongoing effort.

Here's the short version:  The raid completely kicked ass.  We wiped out everything except Nightbane, got some very hot lewt and 20 badges per person.  The raid only wiped 3 times all night--a remarkable thing considering some of us were a bit "lite," if you know what I mean.

Here's the longer version:

We were a bit concerned early on.  Apparently another Kara opportunity had come up over the weekend and a lot of the people that had been planning to join our run were already saved.  Getting ten people with enough diversity to give a good chance of success was a bit challenging.  We had some help from a few flexible people.  Thanks go out to Xak and Creakybones for their flexibility in bowing in and out of the raid.  Also a big thanks to Frosh and Jez (especially Jez, who was tired) for helping out.  Sympathies to Elua-she was under the weather last night and could not attend.

The final raid was not what you'd call a "balanced" party, but it certainly proved effective.  2 feral druids (Eiere and Bellarosa), 2 boomkin (Helwin and Fallwynd), 2 shammies (Fandango and Photon), 1-2 hunters (Kahre and sometimes Creaky), 1 priest (Jez, through I think Curator, then retired for the evening), 1 rogue (Nyteblade) and a paladin (Frosh).  I can say without any sarcasm that everyone did exactly as I asked and showed up with a strong, focused game.  A casual observer would have had a hard time spotting that there were 50% alts in this group.

Jax subbed in for Bella during the run-up and fight for Aran and Illhoof, then swapped back to Bella (tank lite) to finish the run.  Creaky swapped in for Jez when she needed to go.  Other than that the roster was pretty stable.

Our wipes were notable because mostly they were avoidable.  Our first wipe came when I accidentally pulled 3 ushers before opera.  That went, as they say, poorly  Wink  We wiped once after a bad pull on the ghosties near Aran.  Last, Prince got us once before we came back to kill him at the end of the raid in one of those nail-biting combats that are always the most fun.

Big winners for the night were Nyteblade, Kahre, Eire and Fandango, who all got some very nice swag, though I believe pretty much everyone scored something.  Then there's those 20 badges, which were very nice.  I hear different people saying different things about badge gear, but some of it looks pretty kickass to me.

For my part on Bella I got bonus swag:  The violet badge for killing Prince, honored rep with Violet Eye, and all the library quests done.  That honored rep also means my tanking ring from there got a bump-up in value.  Considering I'd not set foot in there at all with Bella before last night, I'd say that wasn't a bad haul.

So, for my thoughts on the raid...It was a big success.  Obviously, getting all the way through Prince is always great, especially in a raid with alts.  But it was the effect that the raid can have on the guild that was the main purpose--adding flexibility and power to swap-outs for emergencies.  Eire got serious upgrades for tanking.  Kahre got some very nice improvements, and hunters are very useful to have around.  Fandango, already a great healer, got some very impressive drops that will be of immediate help to us.  I was hoping more Fallwynd-friendly loot would fall, but there's always next week. 

Our final tally of alts:  Eire, Kahre, Nyteblade, Bellarosa, Fallwynd (really a main, but still newish and good to get gear)
Our tally of mains:  Frosh, Helwin, Creaky/Jez, Fandango, Photon.

So, if you accept my lumping Fallwynd  with the alts for gearing purposes we were looking at about a 50-50 split between alts and mains, or just what I'd hoped for.  The raid ran at a decent tempo, wrapping up at midnight.  That's a little later than normal raid times, but Bellazhan isn't a guild run, so we just played till everyone got sleepy ;-) 

This was a lot of fun and a very big success.  If there's enough interest I'm willing to keep organizing them.  We'll have to see if we get enough variety and numbers of peeps to make continued runs a good idea.  Last night was especially good as Eleth and Frosh were there to provide assistance for this raid-leading nubbins (at one point I couldn't figure out how to set a loot threshold.  TOTAL Newb.)

Thanks again all!
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 07:17:01 AM »

Posted a Bellazhan run for Monday in GEM.  Start time will be 8pm!
Lauriel
Guild Member

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

Hiya Jax,

I would love to take part, but its tough to get on that early.  That said, if you are in the K run and anyone wants to bail out, please consider me for a sub.  While Lauriel is fairly well geared, I need the badges and a quest to kill the Prince. 

With careful planning I can, sometimes, make raids at the time as evidenced by attending the Gruul's run twice in the last 30 days.   I would love to see the end of the Karazhan instance as I've run the beginning now lots but never got to the Prince.

Lauriel  Grin

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2007, 10:41:59 PM »

Thanks, Lauriel.  We here at altsRus Inc. (tm) are always happy to have a ringer in the wings.  I'll keep you on the auxillary list!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: