Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2017, 05:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  General Game Stuff
| |-+  Information (Moderator: Sicro)
| | |-+  Attempted Account Info Theft! - Beware!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attempted Account Info Theft! - Beware!!!!  (Read 698 times)
Grynni
Ahmaj's Main Sidekick!
Guild Member

Not your average Garden Gnome

Email
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:27:16 AM »

This is a copy of an email I sent to Blizzard; I have edited out Araia's toon name, but I left in Xenvy's name.  I have not heard from Blizzard as of yet. 

Grynni  Grin

I am writing about the PVE US Test Realm.

Today (August 30, 2007) prior to 10:18am edt,  my daughter was on the PTR on her character.  She was in a group with a character named Xenvy and another character.  She was asked in Whisper for her account information by Xenvy.  Xenvy stated that he was one of her Real Life friends from our Guild (Knights of Other Realms - Dalaran), he stated that he was her friend and wanted to borrow her character to test it out.  Luckily, we had been alerted by Guild members that someone had tried to do the same thing to a Guild member approximatly 2 weeks ago.  I opened a ticket, which was later deleted by me, for lack of response by a GM.  And I opened a ticket on my character (Grynni - Dalaran);  I spoke with <GM> Pheroroiam regarding the attempted theft of my daughter's account info and was told that there was nothing that could be done other than post a message on the PTR Forums.  I searched the PTR forums and found directions there to send an email to wowgm@blizzard.com

I am extremely disappointed that Blizzard did nothing about attempted account info theft on the PTR.  This effects our characters on our main account a well as characters on the Test Realms.  In this post http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=174505923&sid=1 it clearly states "Inappropriate Behavior As stated before players who act inappropriately on the test realms will be dealt with quickly and severely."  This was not the case in this situation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: