Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Thinking of doing some arenas...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thinking of doing some arenas...  (Read 800 times)
Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »

So, I noticed in my travels across the internet today, I realized that for some ungodly reason, the S2 arena staff is actually better than the staff that drops from Kael'Thas. This is complete hax, imo, so as much as I don't like arenas, I guess I need to hit the arenas, to get the last staff I'll need pre-Illidan. So, with that in mind, I have some questions:

Armory profile: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Aniral

a) Will I be able to do anything with only 6800 hp?
b) How's my spec? I know deep fire isn't ideal, but I'd like to not respec if possible.
c) Is there anyone else doing arena who can use a mage? I'm not on that often, keep in mind, usually 1 or 2 nights a week at most.
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »

How soon do you want to get the staff?

With your spec/hp, and assuming you'd get on a 5v5 team with other people with your spec/gear level (most of KoR, though some KoR have a very nice PVP set/Spec), you'll probably get 300 ponts a week.  So in 10 - 12 weeks, you'd get your staff.

If you wanted to spec/gear optimally, get on a really good 5v5 team, you could get your staff in 6 weeks or less.

All depends on what your priorities are Smiley  (i've averaged 300 points a week for the last 10 weeks or so;  i've gotten shoulders/chest to date...)

http://www.themmonetwork.com/goal.php
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:52:59 PM by Frosh » Logged

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »

I'm cool with waiting, I'm in no particular hurry. How much of a time investment does that entail? A few games a week, a million billion games a week, somewhere in between?
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »

The team you're on must do 10 games per week, and you must have done at least 30% of the game of that team.

take a 2v2 team for example:

Team FroshMage!  (frosh/chaulmers/aniral are all on the team - only 2 can play at a time though)
chaulmers and frosh play 8 games together
chaulmers and aniral play 1 game together
aniral and frosh play 1 game together

Team Froshmage has played 10 games
Aniral has played 2 games (20%)
Frosh has played 9 games (90%)
Chaulmers has played 9 games (90%)

Chaulmers and Frosh would get points, aniral would get none.  Aniral needs at LEAST 1 more game to play (not sure how rounding takes place, but the UI will show you).

Time investmen for 2v2s can be quite long - the queues can be as long as 10 minutes per game, followed by a 3 - 5 minute game;  so if you played all 10 games, you'd be looking at 2+ hours a week.  5v5 queue times are generally must shorter (2 - 3 minutes) and the game last about 3 - 5 minutes as well so you'd be looking at around 1 hour of gameplay per week.  Waiting for your 5v5 team to log on and get situationed and schedule aligned can take significantly longer than 2 hours, though Wink

For your money, I'd go 3v3 - easy to coordinate, relatively fast queue times, just not as many points per rating as 5v5. 

My 3v3 has a very 'crappy' group balance (though well geared) of Eleth/Bazerk/Frosh (3 melee with virtually no CC is NOT ideal Smiley) generally has around 1500 rating and we get around 300 points per week.   (some weeks more, some weeks less).  You could probably get away with less gear but better makeup (pally/mage/warlock, for example)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: