Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  Alchemists
| | |-+  Now that we're still friends...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Now that we're still friends...  (Read 1551 times)
Nyteflower

« on: June 16, 2007, 08:16:06 PM »

Remember this horrible repeatable quest from Sporeggar? Well, I've been searching long and hard for ways to reduce my threat while healing and I think I've found a way to help. There is an exalted recipe from this naaaaaasty faction called Shrouding Potion; it reduces threat.

Herein lies the rub. It's gonna take me for frikin' ever to get this thing (and you know I've GOT to have it, even if everyone else has it already Wink). So I'm looking for a merry band of individuals (like say a group of 5) to go an mow down nagas for a couple of sessions. The quest that gives the most rep is Now That We're Still Friends; it's a simple kill tally, no collection of anything Cheesy

So I might put something up on GEM, but now everyone knows what the heck it is Grin Grin Grin

Thanks everyone Smiley
Coffeeworld
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

timelapse shard?

anyone?

bueller?

chemten
official /gquit machine

99645571 michael.boeckelmann@hp.com chemten10 chemten10
Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »

seems like a lot of work for a potion that does only -800 threat and shares a mana pot/health pot cooldown.

the official "i want to steal your phat lewts" fan club member
stealing your epics since 2004.
Nyteflower

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 05:46:14 AM »

Not for a druid healer during a big boss fight.
chemten
official /gquit machine

99645571 michael.boeckelmann@hp.com chemten10 chemten10
Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »

Not for a druid healer during a big boss fight.

seems like a potion is then just masking problems elsewhere.  even using the potion doesnt guarantee losing aggro.  i could see it being viable in certain situations where the tank can't keep multiple target aggro, but in every other instance 800 threat is nothing when the tank should be be at 800 TPS or more.

the official "i want to steal your phat lewts" fan club member
stealing your epics since 2004.
Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »

Chem is probably right. If you're pulling aggro in a boss fight, the raid has more problems than just one dead healer.

Nyteflower

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 07:33:39 AM »

The problem isn't during the fight really. The problem is that often the druid is tasked to heal the MT, and getting that first heal off draws waaaaay too much agro before the MT can properaly establish agro. I can't count the number of times I've had to do a big heal on a MT before they establish good, solid agro. In the absence of other healers that are able to mitigate agro of this type, druids are often left with the task. I'm looking for anything that will help out in that situation.
Nyteflower

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:16 AM »

The good news is that the fix is in on getting this potion recipe. I can stealth Underbog to pick the sanguine hybiscus and also buy it on the AH. I only need 140 more to get it.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »

Arcanestorm (KAPOW!) has had very good luck using the combination of the Sporregar cloak and the hypnotic stopwatch to keep aggro off of his delicate person (usually at the expense of my own delicate person, but that's a different topic).  You might want to give that a try.

Honestly, even with 5 people that naga area sucks.  They also don't respawn all that fast, so you can end up with a bunch of people standing around bored.

I've killed a whole lot of those nagas with my mage.  I feel your pain.
ElvisElf
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

If you have not gained faction for this yet, Merloen has.  I can make them for you if you'd like.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: