Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Leveling in BC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Leveling in BC  (Read 898 times)
Kazzkar

« on: May 10, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »

Well I have a general question.  I only have one 70 (kazz) and I have a warrior (Azzyle) that is now 58th level.  Is it better to take him into Outworld now or wait till 60.  Do I do quests right away or rep grind and area first then do quests?  Suggestions?  Ideaas?

Kazz-
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:46:25 AM »

For speed, Outlands is MUCH faster.  The only benefit to staying back in the old continents is just to maximize the # of quests you can do post-70 for cash and prizes, however with the number of quests available, I don't see any compelling reason to not go to outlands as soon as possible. The XP, Gold, and rewards more than make up for the lost money at 70.

Kymber
Guild Member

Holier (specced) than Thou

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 10:56:27 AM »

Definitely will be quicker in Outlands than Azeroth.  As to whether or not you should grind, that depends on how important getting to Revered will be for the character.  You will level quicker doing quests.   You will gain faction faster grinding it to at least Honored before doing the quests.  My observation is that Reputation isn't that hard to come by, even if you do all the quests at sub-optimal times (i.e. when you're still Friendly or below).  Just normal quest-levelling will get you close to Honored with just about everyone.  Then, you simply need to run the instances over and over till you hit Revered.

If you want Exalted for anything, I'd definitely rep grind and save the quests for later, though.
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »

The prizes for Azerothian quests tend to be a lot less impressive than Outland questing.  Another thing is that the cash isn't that impressive, either, since once you get BC the level cap is gone and all the "overpayment" is turned into xp again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: