Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Questing and Grouping
| |-+  Looking For Group
| | |-+  Black Morass Run
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Black Morass Run  (Read 1701 times)
Metek

I Misdirect to Squishies

wehcrm
Email
« on: March 16, 2007, 08:12:25 AM »

It seems a lot of people are at this stage in the game for the Khazaran key, so I am going to try and put something together TODAY, around 3:30 server time.

If you can make it, great, just wanted everyone to know my intentions for this afternoon Wink

Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »

I wont be back on again really until Sunday night.. but I would be happy to help anyone with it.

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

I'm fairly experienced with BM, if I'm ever on and not in kaz or something, let me know and I'll do what I can Smiley

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Duren

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »

The Black Morass is evil, this is true, but Duren is Keyed, my pally Eli still needs to beat it, but im always willing to help on either, i should be on alot this weekend

Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:46:40 AM »

I need to run this really bad i have a total of 7 failures now

I will be on Sunday night if anyone can help.

EDIT: 10 failures now...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 09:40:00 AM by Helwin » Logged

"I do this for Aiur"
Nyteflower

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »

Nyteflower has completed this insane instance (in a PUG no less) but Xakopane has not and is willing to help.

Xak
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:31:51 PM »

Woot on my 13th try (not consecutive over the past week) i finally won with WoofWoof, Trench, Jax, and Poppet.  I got revered with Keepers of time and my kara key  Smiley

"I do this for Aiur"
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »

so woofwoof and jax> chaulmers and frosh

Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »

Group 6 had two successful BM runs tonight with a relatively interesting strategy. The first run consisted of myself, Elindal, Baz, Woof, and Jax. We made real use of pally power putting Jax on whelps (seed of corruption was uber) with myself and Eli working solely on the elite and Baz alternating between dragons and the elite. Having 3 auras up and 3 pally buffs also really helped. The key was to keep the adds at the portal by having Eli and Baz spam rank one consecrate while we went to town on them. The only real iffy part was with the second boss (no mage to spellsteal his hast buff). However, we managed it by having Eli go easy on the tanking moves and swapping aggro between him, Baz, and myself. The most exciting part of the run was the final boss though. Due to some bad timing on the time stops, Eli dropped (twice, go go gadget soulstone). The next target was Jax who also dropped. I vanished passing aggro to Baz who dropped five seconds later due to a bad time stop. This left me and Woof up with 3% to go, but we managed it with me popping evasion and cloak of shadows. However, due to a glitch, Eli was unable to complete his quest. Another run was needed.

Jax and Woof had to Jet, so we called in Nalen and Frosh to substitute. We used the same strategy this run but instead focusing all dps on the elite and having consecrate and other ret pally goodness taking care of the adds. The run ended successfully after one wipe on the second boss and having to start over. An interesting note however, after the second boss dies, you only have to kill two more elites (waves 13 and 14). After that, just hunker down by Mendivh and kill the adds from waves 15, 16, and 17 (they come quite quickly), and be sure to use your dragons. Once the final boss spawns on wave 18, ALL adds stop, not just the ones from portal 18. Once the final boss goes down, the remaining 3 elites despawn.

Lewtz: not much, Scarab of the Infinite Cycle for Woof and Hourglass of the Unraveler for Baz, still no Rogue hands for me, /sigh

Anyway, hope this helps.

Still addicted to DPS,
Avid
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:09:33 PM by Avid » Logged

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 06:44:48 AM »

Congrats guys, it's great to see KOR members getting through BM! Good luck to you guys when you start kara, it's a doozy :-p

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 07:02:07 AM »

Jax and Woof had to Jet, so we called in Nalen and Frosh to substitute.

Quick clarification - I know Avid knows what happened, so i just want to make it clear to the rest of the world that reads these forums Wink

When Avid says "Jet" he didn't mean "leave" - they actually jumped over to the other groups BM run.  Woofwoof replaced me (I didn't feel like i was adequately healing BM and i know woofwoof = priest Wink) and Jaxartes replaced Chaulmers (who left due to RL).

Thanks for being flexible guys.

Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »

Woops, srry, didn't mean it to sound that way. We <3 Jax and Woof!!!  Grin Grin

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »

Yea dudes sorry for ditching but stuff came up and i did have a test on monday Smiley glad to hear every1 is doing bm, maybe next week we can start kara?

Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »

The key was to keep the adds at the portal by having Eli and Baz spam rank one consecrate while we went to town on them

Just for the record I was actually spamming full Rank 6 Consecrate, except on the bosses. : )

Baz
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »

Woops, srry, didn't mean it to sound that way. We <3 Jax and Woof!!!  Grin Grin

That was a crazy night.  I ended up doing 2 successful back-to-back Bm runs with different groups.  Bm is fun, but it's also crazy, with all those portals and adds popping.  Basically non-stop fighting for an hour and a half wore me out ;-)

I didn't want to leave our first group, since the medivh event didn't proc and members were having trouble getting keys, but Frosh said I was needed to fill in some DPS on another guild group, so off I went.  Both groups had their eye on the prize, and both groups were successful!

Also, that second run got me revered with the Keepers of Time, and I was able to get a Continuum blade from them.  I was disappointed to find that another faction, the keepers of the sands or somesuch, and with whom I have no rep, is the faction that holds ring enchantment patterns.  Bleah.

All told, a very good Sunday with several new keys being obtained. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: