Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 08:50:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Class leaders as officers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Class leaders as officers  (Read 1195 times)
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

I am just wondering why class leaders are not officers like they are in other guilds. I know most of the class leaders are already officers such as sicro/eleth/frosh/baz but why not others? Why not give class leaders absolute power in their class like they have in other guilds? We trust them to lead a class why not give them more control over it and allow them to take a more active role in recruiting espicially when it comes to people that are their class. Instead of contacting Frosh maybe contacting the class leader of that class or whatever.

I could go on but there might be reasons on why this is not happening at the moment considering i have been in the guild for a year and the guild itself is older then that and has history that I am unaware of. But what does everyone else think?

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »

From what I understand, the guild officer title and the class officer title imply separate responsibiilities. Having the class officer title implies an understanding of the game's mechanics and the strategies behind the class. However, guild officers imply an administrative position, being able to handle problems and make policies that cover the entire guild, not just a class alone.

I was never a guild officer, so by no means is this any official statement whatsoever, just the observations that I have made. It's a fine system, and the guild leaders will bestow power to where it belongs.

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Coffeeworld
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »

my two cents: keep it as it is

if anyone vehemently disagrees and makes a viable threat to the current system i will make more in-depth comments on the matter Tongue
Helwin
Administrator

bradthetbird
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »

i agree with coffee, except i don't think i will be making any indepth comments  Grin

"I do this for Aiur"
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »

Ok i was looking for a more or less reason of why we have it this way Smiley Rivs kind of explained it Smiley

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »

I think back in the day we really only had a handful of officers.  We were a very small guild; we didn't need a lot of oversight or support.  When we got big enough to really need class/skill leads those folks were never added to the officer rolls, probably due to Indian/Chief ratios.  After all, if your guild has 40 people do you REALLY need 15+ officers?   Wink

Really, what advantage would come from class leaders being officers?  About the only one I can think of is making sure that the classes are equally represented at officer meetings.  Right I think we have (thinking mains here) a druid(Eleth), 2 pallys(Frosh, Bazerk), 2 warriors(Nalen and Vandred) and 2 mages (Sicro and Frostburn) as our officers.  I haven't noticed any issues with this. My guess is we are fine with the number and quality of our officers, since we haven't really seen any efforts to recruit more from the ranks.

It does bring up a nice side question, though.  Our officer list and jobs were last updated over six months ago, I believe.  That's a long time in WoW terms.  Maybe, as with the State of the Guild addresses and update would be good?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: