Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  General Tradeskill Info
| | |-+  Tradeskill Masters Nominations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tradeskill Masters Nominations  (Read 3190 times)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »

Well, it is getting to be that time.  As I mentioned in my January State of the Guild, we will be re-opening all the class leader and trade skill leader positions for SELF-nomination (If you want someone to be a trade skill master - ask, trick, conjole, etc. them into self-nominating).

This nomination process will be open until March 12th.  After that, in game emails will be sent to characters level 55 and above with vote sheets for each corresponding trade.  We will allow two weeks for in game voting before official tallying of the votes.

Trade skill masters are those that try to get and know the most about their trade.  As a perk, the trade skill master usually has first dibs on an appropriate recipe when it drops on a guild run.  In addition, trade skill masters will be asked if there are any recipes that should be bought with guild funds as they are available on the AH.  For example, we will be looking for jewelcrafting recipes most likely so that our guild jewelcrafters will be well versed in their trade.  However, the trade skill master is to be available for information or manufacturing product for other guildees.  Whether mats need to be provided or not for guildee transactions is up to the trade skill master and will likely depend on the mats in question Cheesy.

If you want to be a Trade Skill Master and you are willing to step up for the responsibility and availability, please respond in this topic.  Please give a little information on why you would make a good Trade Skill Master (so that others can understand to vote for you).

Note: you can only be Trade Skill Master for one area regardless of the number of characters and skills you have.  You may nominate yourself (the player) for several trade skills but you can only accept one offer in the end (we will go to the second place for the others).  The reason is the guild is large enough now that individuals do not need to dual up to cover positions and thanks to those that did during our growth.

Current Nominations:

Alchemist:  Nyteflower
Blacksmith - Armorsmith: Belir, Vandred
Blacksmith - Weaponsmith:  Bazerk
Enchanting:  Xakopane
Engineering:  GenericDwarf
Jewelcrafting:  Kymber
Leatherworking:  Elua, Metek
Tailoring:  Sicro

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:38:25 AM by Sicro » Logged

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »

I would like to nominate myself for Blacksmith/Weaponsmith/Hammersmith tradeskill leader. I have been a devout Hammersmith for a long time and have dedicated a lot of time (and gold) to levelling up my blacksmithing and to collecting a wide variety of blacksmithing plans for items of every level. I am currently level 360, but hope to be increasing that to 375 in the near future. I am very interested in the blacksmithing craft and in providing everyone with support by crafting items, the new buffs, and providing information about the craft. When people need something crafted I will make it a priority to get it done.

Whether or not I am chosen as the tradeskill leader, I will always be availible as a resource to the guild for blacksmith crafting needs. So if you ever need anything, please feel free to come to me.

Bazerk, the Master of Hammers
Xakopane

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:53:57 AM »

I, Xakopane, place my name for consideration as the Enchanting Skill Lead. I have a broad range of enchants, including faction enchants, and I've pursued them into the depths of Blackrock and those stinky bear things. Smiley

As the enchant skill lead I would set up, via GEM, "office hours" where Xakopane would be available for enchanting. Depending upon demand, this would be at least once a week, possibly more, in set location(s).

I remain, as always, a resource for your enchanting needs.

Xakopane
Kymber
Guild Member

Holier (specced) than Thou

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »

I nominate myself as the Jewelcrafting class lead, mainly because I think Frostburn would rather it be me than him.  Smiley 

I am up to 359 skill and have a good understanding of the class which I will be happy to share with any current or future jewelcrafters.  I'm also available to provide gems to anyone lucky enough to find a socketed item.  I've only managed to purchase one of the rare gem-cutting recipes myself, but others in the guild have been kind enough to donate some as well. 

Once I finally get through "Lost" seasons 2 and 3 (up to date), I'll be online far more frequently, but in the meantime, please feel free to email me in game with your gem requests.
Nyteflower

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »

I would like to nominate myself to continue as the guild alchemist [Nyteflower] and guild leatherworker [Elua]. I've tried to be pretty active in the guild for both of these positions in the past including hosting the periodic Flask of the Titans Drives for raids and making 11 guildies their Hide of the Wild cloaks for increased healing. I also try to give away quite a lot of potions and lower-level leather armor to guildies that request them (without mats).

Nyteflower has all of the alchemy recipes available in Azeroth and has never requested guild funds to purchase any of them. Elua has about 90% of the Azeroth recipes for leatherworking, but is still playing a little catch-up on the dragonscale and elemental recipes that are not available for purchase. I've tried to organize our guild's alchemists and leatherworkers to make it easy for others to acquire any needed potions or leather/scale armor. I never sell recipes that I find or have been sent by other guildies- I ALWAYS find other guildies that don't have the recipe or hold it until we have a youngling beginning a new profession. I've updated the KoR WIKI with information on leatherworking and alchemy and try to keep it up-to-date.

I'm very proud of the work that KoR does as a guild to support the alchemy and leatherworking efforts that are needed for raids, groups, alts, etc. I think we have some of the best profession teams on the server (no lie!) in how active we are in supporting other guildies, and for the high-level raids. Even people that are not herbalists contribute to the Titansdrive, even if it's one gromsblood at a time from the morrowgrain transmute or those that send in 2 or 3 thick leathers that they got from a random chest because they know mats are needed for a Hide. It's very cool!

As an aside, I no longer travel for my job. I'm home and available almost every day for WoW alchemy/leatherworking needs.

So I hope we can continue the teamwork that we've built! Thanks everyone Cheesy

-Nyteflower & Elua

Metek

I Misdirect to Squishies

wehcrm
Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 11:44:52 PM »

I will nominate myself for the Leatherworking tradeskill master, although Elua is indeed a better choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nyte can only technically take EITHER alchemy OR leatherworking, but not both.  So in the event that Nyteflower takes alchemy, I'd be happy to pick up the slack for leatherworking.

If elected I would be more than willing to work with Nyte on the KORwiki, and keep it as up to date as possible for leatherworking.  I am a dragonscale leatherworker and plan to take the skill to its fullest, grinding faction for the various leg patches (aka LEET physical dps enchants) as well as the various party buff "drums" that are available.

I would like this position because I enjoy helping people in the guild, and enjoyed the short time I had as hunter class leader.  Unfortunately, I probably won't have time to properly dedicate to the hunter class, so taking the leatherworking position is a nice way for me to stay in a position to help those in need, as well as communicate on a higher level with the guild.

Thanks  Grin
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:46:44 PM by Metek » Logged

Nyteflower

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 02:32:17 PM »

Just to clarify, Nyteflower is not a leatherworker and is not running for that position. Elua is the leatherworker and is running. Both are the incumbant.
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

But a player cannot be more than one tradeskill master - no matter the number of characters or tradeskills

Lollerskater

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

I nominate myself, Generic Dwarf,  for engineering.
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 04:58:22 PM »

I nominate Sicro for Tailoring lead.  In Azeroth I did nearly every punishing reputation grind for tailoring patterns and will continue to do so.  I am able to provide good information to other tailors and supply goods to the guild.

While I have been enchanting lead since BEFORE I became guild leader (regardless of conspiracy theories circulating through certain sections of the guild), I do not need to continue that arena.  I will continue to gather all the formulas I can for enchanting.  I believe that Xak's idea of 'office hours' will be good.  I have tried impromptu enchanting sessions for the guild as I was leveling my enchanting - however, I didn't get big response - probably because they were impromptu.

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 07:02:46 AM »

/bump

Ahmaj
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »

/bump

Ok, ok, I second Sicro's nomination for the girly profession.  Cheesy
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »

I just want to let everyone know that if you are thinking about becoming a tradeskill master do not hold personal grudges and ignore people when they ask you serious questions about wow. Be open and if you are unable to be open then maybe being a leader is not for you.

Rolena
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

Well while My pally isn't exactly up to par with a normal tradeskill leader I'll certainly nominate him for Armorsmith if noone else feels up to the task.. Belir can make a fair amount of items and I can obtain more though the grind of BC and other places of adventure... and I've got a few special prizes waiting for the leatherworking and tailoring leaders in the name of "phat EpiXx" recipes for the big day..   Grin
Bynn
Guild Member

Moonbynn--New and Improved-- Now 5% Useful!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 09:12:38 AM »

I will nominate myself for the Leatherworking tradeskill master, although Elua is indeed a better choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nyte can only technically take EITHER alchemy OR leatherworking, but not both. So in the event that Nyteflower takes alchemy, I'd be happy to pick up the slack for leatherworking.

If elected I would be more than willing to work with Nyte on the KORwiki, and keep it as up to date as possible for leatherworking. I am a dragonscale leatherworker and plan to take the skill to its fullest, grinding faction for the various leg patches (aka LEET physical dps enchants) as well as the various party buff "drums" that are available.

I would like this position because I enjoy helping people in the guild, and enjoyed the short time I had as hunter class leader. Unfortunately, I probably won't have time to properly dedicate to the hunter class, so taking the leatherworking position is a nice way for me to stay in a position to help those in need, as well as communicate on a higher level with the guild.

Thanks Grin

In a similar vein, I will put my name in for Alchemy lead.  I believe Nyte would be a very hard act to follow, but it appears that she may have to make a choice.  So, by putting in my name Nyte/Elua can make choice between either.  If that's how things work out, I will work with her to carry on the good work she has done as best I can.

In any event, I will continue to be supportive of the guild in meeting our alchemy needs. I appreciate all the donations I have received in the past to help make all those FR and AR pots for MC and BWL.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:49:51 PM by Bynn » Logged

Bynn there, done that.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: