Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 08:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Class Leader Nominations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Class Leader Nominations  (Read 5442 times)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »

Pirri - what does this have to do with Class Leader nominations in a guild you jumped from as soon as you hit 60?  And wow, I didn't know that Karazhan is the ENTIRETY of the WOW game.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Pirri
Roguezoprene

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »

Pirri - what does this have to do with Class Leader nominations in a guild you jumped from as soon as you hit 60?  And wow, I didn't know that Karazhan is the ENTIRETY of the WOW game.
I'm not sure what I did to warrant such anger from you, Sicro, but the fact that you chose to jump down my throat about something that happened ten months ago and put words in my mouth rather than simply moderate the post does speak one thing rather loudly. If I'm unwelcome, I'm fine with that, but you should have made that clear a while ago.

70 Human Rogue
Class Leader of Might and Magic

[Guild] [Nalen]: I've never heard anyone drop as many f-bombs as Pirri
Coffeeworld
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 09:09:56 AM »

new topic: coffeeworld is the greatest pvper since Silly

discuss
Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:18 AM »

If someone isn't currently in guild, it does not mean you can completely erase the long nights in MC and repair bills that they put in to be part of the team. Pirri put in his time and asked for little in return. I sure hope I don't encounter any such hostility for keeping in touch.

People think in different terms. Some in raid efficiency, some in diversity, some in the fun of the game. All opinions should be accepted and encouraged as long as they don't infringe upon the rights of others. Saying that the damage output of one choice is less than that of another choice does not infringe upon any rights, and doesn't even insult the player's ability or intelligence, just comments upon the raiding efficiency of said choice.

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »

If someone isn't currently in guild, it does not mean you can completely erase the long nights in MC and repair bills that they put in to be part of the team. Pirri put in his time and asked for little in return. I sure hope I don't encounter any such hostility for keeping in touch.

People think in different terms. Some in raid efficiency, some in diversity, some in the fun of the game. All opinions should be accepted and encouraged as long as they don't infringe upon the rights of others. Saying that the damage output of one choice is less than that of another choice does not infringe upon any rights, and doesn't even insult the player's ability or intelligence, just comments upon the raiding efficiency of said choice.

I don't think anyone is trying to void anything, Rivs.  I think Sicro made one extraneous comment that has managed to derail his total message.  That total message is that this thread is for class leader nominations.  As such it is a serious thread, tied directly to guild business.  Pirri's discussion of class specs and instance strategies needs to be in a different thread, rather than derailing this one.

Any other discussions, please make an approrpiate thread. 
Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »

¬† ¬†Rivs you are not going to encounter any hostility for your choice of moving on to find what you wanted. ¬†Your situation is very different than Pirri's. You put in alot of time and stayed with the guild even though we were not raiding as much as you wanted. You are still very helpful to the guild and its members.
 ¬† ¬†Many members of KOR felt like Pirri got alot of help to power his way to 60 get geared and then bail for phatter loot. At the time he left I felt very much like he used the guild and its members. ¬† But in the end he wanted something we could not offer him. I hold no ill will now and wish him the best. ¬†PLease refrain from the "F" bombs Pir ¬† ¬†:P

Friendly advice from people who are further along in the game is encouraged and welcome. ¬† ¬†

frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

I think Rivs that the issue is where and what things are posted by former members.  While it is true that you as well as others that are former members of the guild have, in some cases, put a great deal of effort into the guild, I would ask that you consider the fact that you have left before you post something on the board.

Diverse sets of opinions are always welcome, but when we as a guild are making decisions or dealing with things that are clearly guild issues, then outside opinions or comments should really be kept positive or fun.  If what you are saying criticizes members or their play styles in one of these specialized threads, then it probably should not happen.

I for one am very interested in reports of the functionality of various classes in the end game, but I think that the discussion should definitely be in the class section of the board that deals with such things as strategies and builds.  In addition, these posts should remain informational not insulting or critical.  Pirri's posts are a good example.  I find his comments on beast spec hunters in real game situations to be useful.  The issues that I have as a KOR member are that they were posted in a class leader nomination thread and that he tells us what we should and should not allow on raids.  If the posts were in the hunter section and told us his experiences with beast specs in various situations without the parts that tell us what to do (and I think this was more a case of wording choice than real intent) I would not only be tolerant of it, I would welcome it.

Many people that are not guild members have made posts expressing their opinions with no negative results Rivs.  I would not worry too much about being treated badly just because you left.

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »

I'm not sure what I did to warrant such anger from you, Sicro, but the fact that you chose to jump down my throat about something that happened ten months ago and put words in my mouth rather than simply moderate the post does speak one thing rather loudly. If I'm unwelcome, I'm fine with that, but you should have made that clear a while ago.
Simply moderate?  Um, you were politely informed through another person that this was not topical area for your opinion.  I didn't say anything at all until the next and larger derailing attempt.  You could have self-moderated Wink  A post on Class Leader Nominations is a specific guild issue - if you wanted a discussion on the min/max'd specs for use in specific raids then there are Class-specific forums.  In addition, I prefer my class leaders to be more openminded as the game isn't about "one week in band camp we had a hunter and he was afk and did no damage LOL" - single datum is not statistics.  It is also not only about raiding - to be honest, in a casual guild, nonraiding issues>>>>>raiding issues.  Beast Mastery is a solid spec especially for 5mans, soloing (instant 2mans), and pvping.  It may not be the best for Karazhan but then if you min/max for most the bosses in Kara you don't bring rogues either (or for heroic 5mans either) but min/maxing for specific dungeons or encounters is beyond the topical area of this thread.  

You are fine to state your mind and experiences in the topics that are appropriate for them.

Also, we have a history of limited moderation as we believe that most of the users are mature enough to post and that heavy moderation will stifle discussions of opinions on aspects of the game. ¬†But again, not in a post on our Class Leader Nominations. 

The purpose of this topic has been fulfilled (the nominations have been made).  As such, I am closing this topic.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: