Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Class Leader Nominations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Class Leader Nominations  (Read 5439 times)
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

Eh, screw it. I may not be 70, but I'm gettin' in there.

I am formally submitting my self-nomination for Warrior class leader.

I have been tanking for almost as long as Nalen and Jezz, and I have done a LOT of research on all aspects of tankdom.

Despite my gripes, I still love tanking and would love to help others learn the ropes of what can be a daunting task.

I also have a semi-obsessive relationship with Thottbot so I keep tabs on the top tanking gear. Tongue

Vote Ped...I mean Vandred!

Vandro? Pedred? Something like that.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Thalmar

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »

I beleive Thalmar has nominated for Priest leader but im not sure Smiley
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »

List updated - added Thalmar's subtle nomination  Wink

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »

Paladin - Bazosh (Baz/Frosh co-leader)

I nominate Frozerk. Thats just way more awesometastic.

Baz
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 11:33:28 PM »

you have more letters in the name does that mean you want more power? Tongue

nymeriastark

Email
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »

I apologize sincerely for not having been so active in the past month of KoR, life has really caught up with me. What with being a college kid, living in NYC, having to take real estate classes everyday and working 20 hours a week Wink, and trying to make time for socializing, it's hard to keep up with the WoW junkies like I once had.
However, I, teh hunter pvp nub ( who has yet to relearn how to play his class properly Wink ) would like to throw my name in for the nomination. Despite the hard times that I tend to give our tanks, I think I make a pretty good hunter.
Blink (Bumelin) had also wanted to co-leader with me for a long time, but he hasn't been on lately, so I don't know what's going on as far as that is concerned, but it would be great if we could have that Wink. Blinky is a solid hunter with a lot of experience in raiding, and has good grasp about the hunter specs.
I on the other hand, can be pretty selfish and just go full burst at times, but there's always room for improvement, and personally i do believe I qualify as a positive part of the guild, and I believe I would have good inputs as well as be able to guide the guild's hunters in a good direction of where they should be. We will also have at least one hunter full specced in each of the specs, as it is extremely useful in raids nowadays for hunters, I will definitely be willing to play the missing specced hunter, since I don't want too many of our hunters to have to respec, it is rather troublesome =).
Sielense

Email
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 12:30:01 AM »

Blink (Bumelin) had also wanted to co-leader with me for a long time, but he hasn't been on lately, so I don't know what's going on as far as that is concerned

Just to answer that comment, i've actually been tied up a little bit over the last week or so since i've been gettin used to the fact of havin a new baby around the house, and I just finished moving into a new place just the other day.  So u'll see on more often now more so in the evenings, but i'm working into a day schedule atm, so i'll be starting to get on earlier. Cool

---->!!!!!Vote For BLINKY!!!!!<----

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 05:03:46 AM »

To clarify: are you saying vote for Blinky/Nymeriastark (Blinkystark?), or just Blinky? (ie, are you confirming that you'd like joint class leadership, or do you want to do it on your own?)
nymeriastark

Email
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 07:16:15 AM »

O.O, I havent been able to talk to blinky for quite a while now ;-), but as of the moment it seems to by blinky and nymeriastark as seperate people ^^
oh well, something to do, let it be fun =D
Sielense

Email
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »

As far as running for hunter leader, i'm fine with either Myself/Nym or just myself.  It would be easier all around for both of us to co-lead for the fact that if one of us misses a raid and the other is there, there's still someone there to take lead for hunters.  But if ppl dont like the idea of co-leaders for one class, then i'll just keep my name up as self nomination for class leader. Cool
jezziga
Guild Member

J3zziga
WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 06:33:29 PM »

Just to answer that comment, i've actually been tied up a little bit over the last week or so since i've been gettin used to the fact of havin a new baby around the house

Wrong forum I know - but is this a baby Blinky?! Why didn't you say something sooner?!  Grin

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »

I have updated the list as of noon on March 12 - nominations still available until midnight.

In addition, I am withdrawing my self nomination from the Mage category.  Aniral will do a fine job.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Pirri
Roguezoprene

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »

We will also have at least one hunter full specced in each of the specs, as it is extremely useful in raids nowadays for hunters, I will definitely be willing to play the missing specced hunter, since I don't want too many of our hunters to have to respec, it is rather troublesome =).
Not to derail the thread, but as a raid leader, Beast Mastery hunter = GTFO my raid. We had one in Karazhan for a while, and he was getting outDPSed by the main tank.

70 Human Rogue
Class Leader of Might and Magic

[Guild] [Nalen]: I've never heard anyone drop as many f-bombs as Pirri
Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »

Not to derail the thread, but as a raid leader, Beast Mastery hunter = GTFO my raid. We had one in Karazhan for a while, and he was getting outDPSed by the main tank.

It would behoove the community not to base opinion based on single demonstrations or players.  The effect of the aforementioned often leads to a misinterpretation of the facts wherein the judgmental observer lends their thoughts to believe the general outcome is either above or below the reality of a vaster sampling and the overall truth.

(A good player of certain specialization will usually out perform a bad player of the same specialization.)

Good luck nominees!

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Pirri
Roguezoprene

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 02:09:18 AM »

It would behoove the community not to base opinion based on single demonstrations or players.  The effect of the aforementioned often leads to a misinterpretation of the facts wherein the judgmental observer lends their thoughts to believe the general outcome is either above or below the reality of a vaster sampling and the overall truth.
Well, while I might be jumping to conclusions based on one example, the WOW forums - and the EJ forums - seem to agree with me. Beast Mastery hunters don't do enough DPS to justify a raid spot, even if you factor in the damage that their pet does.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for non-min/maxed specs. My guild would be nowhere in the TBC endgame without our feral druids, we regularly raid with a shadow priest, and our Maulgar strategy actually involves having the shaman tanked by an oomkin, of all things. But there is a point at which certain specs become useless in a raid context.

(And yes, you read that correctly. Oomkin. Tank.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:12:10 AM by Pirri » Logged

70 Human Rogue
Class Leader of Might and Magic

[Guild] [Nalen]: I've never heard anyone drop as many f-bombs as Pirri
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: