Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  Class Leader Nominations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Class Leader Nominations  (Read 5440 times)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:51:11 AM »

Well, it is getting to be that time.  As I mentioned in my January State of the Guild, we will be re-opening all the class leader and trade skill leader positions for SELF-nomination (If you want someone to be a class leader - ask, trick, conjole, etc. them into self-nominating).

This nomination process will be open until March 12th.  After that, in game emails will be sent to all characters level 55 and above with vote sheets for each corresponding class.  We will allow two weeks for in game voting before official tallying of the votes.

Class leaders assist the raid leaders during guild runs to pass out information.  They are sources of information for our other players to ask how to play a class or how to spec.  Class leaders cannot force a respec of any character (neither can the officers).  For example, the priest leader may give out healing assignments that may change during a run.  The mage leader gives out Arcane Brilliance assignments.

If you want to be a class leader and you are willing to step up for the responsibility and availability, please respond in this topic.  Please give a little information on why you would make a good class leader (so that others can understand to vote for you).

Note: you can only be class leader for one class regardless of the number of characters and l33t skills you have.  You may nominate yourself for several classes but you can only accept one offer in the end (we will go to the second place for the others).

Current Nominations:

Warrior - Jezziga, Vandred
Paladin - Frosh, Bazerk, Bazosh (Baz/Frosh co-leader)
Rogue - Snickers, Avid
Druid - Eleth
Warlock - Jaxartes
Mage - Aniral
Priest - Thalmar
Shaman - none (none high enough at this time anyways)
Hunter - Blinky, Nymeriastark, BliStark (Blinky/Nymeriastark co-leader)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:39:27 AM by Sicro » Logged

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
jezziga
Guild Member

J3zziga
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »

i would like to nominate myself for warrior class leader.

I have really enjoyed my time as class leader so far. It has given me a chance to improve my organizational skills and has encouraged much personal growth and (some) maturity. Although I do not have a lot of experience regarding fury/arms spec or gear I can refer you to the best people in the guild.

...If only I could put this on my resume. Smiley

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »

I havent been on so excuse me if this is already there, but putting something in the guild message would be good. I know when the hunter class leadership position was available some did not know about it. They should check the forums, but people forget. Also do all old leaders have to reapply? I know jez did but yea...

Thalmar

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »

Jezz shouldnt be leader shes racist against gnomes...
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

look whose talking thal. mr i dump lawe for a pally. Jez loves gnomes, me/chem/shiz/muk ftw! lawe ftl

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 07:26:46 AM »

Ahem.  Serious topic, kids.  No derailing.
Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »

I havent been on so excuse me if this is already there, but putting something in the guild message would be good. I know when the hunter class leadership position was available some did not know about it. They should check the forums, but people forget. Also do all old leaders have to reapply? I know jez did but yea...

I don't believe it is the officer's intention to make old leaders apply again. I am waiting to apply for a class leader position myself. I came to the position pretty much through a lack of anyone else expressing much of an interest in it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people qualified for it, so I'm in no hurry.

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »

I don't believe it is the officer's intention to make old leaders apply again.

Actually it is the intention for all nominations - there is no assumption of running again.  I haven't posted my app for mage leader because I have been too busy.  Additionally, I did change the guild note as of Wednesday morning to tell people about it.  That note will run until March 12th.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Thalmar

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »

If we dont get any nominations for Priest I can always lvl Thal and do it or Pally i can woof it up or Mage i can Furman thats why im waiting Smiley
Coffeeworld
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 05:11:05 PM »

i'll mention why i won't be a good choice for a class leader with a few bullets

A) i take breaks whether i like it or not, kor certainly noticed my last one Smiley  who knows when the next will come?
          a) on the other hand, my playing schedule has changed to very relaxed, its possible i wont be taking a break again
B) My playing schedule is very relaxed Smiley  it's very unlikely ill take the time to make rogueducational posts on the forums
          b) but i can certainly answer most questions ingame
C) even though i've been quiet of late, who knows if my newfound online personality is permanent or not
          c) i could turn back into the personality that birthed coffeetalk tonight for all i know, as unlikely as it is
D) my schedule is relaxed now, but it will change to tight over the summer, and my time on wow will be pretty well restricted
          d) i'll have a full time job, attending at least 1 class at the local community college to make up for lost time, taking flight lessons, and continuing my new workout ethic
              over my wow one.

but, in the event every other rogue is in a worst spot than i am, i shall nominate myself
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:13:07 PM by Coffeeworld » Logged
Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 10:08:45 PM »

This notice is to nominate the Paladins Frosh and Bazerk who hope to continue their service as co-class leaders of the most righteous Paladin class.

2 > 1

That is all.
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:05:05 AM »

This notice is to nominate the Paladins Frosh and Bazerk who hope to continue their service as co-class leaders of the most righteous Paladin class.

2 > 1

That is all.

<3 > [all] as well. 

But yes, I confirm the dual pally nomination.

Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »

I thought we were doing away with the dual class-leadership?

If we aren't, we should be.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Avid
Official Guild Sexy

Demosthenes21
Email
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »

I'll throw my name in for Rogue Class Leader. I have experimented with pretty much every spec available to rogues, and know the class exceptionally well. Beyond that, I have perfected healing strategies for holy/resto spec rogues in raids as well as rogue buff assignments (warriors getting Nonexistant Blessing of Smashing with Blunt Object while casters getting Nonexistant Blessing of Face Melting), but DPS is cool too. I'm always available to chat in game, and check the forums regularly for any roguish questions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:14:02 PM by Avid » Logged

Eleth
Guild Officer

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 02:02:32 PM »

I would be very happy to continue my position as Druid class leader, I love working with the druids, and we really are a very easy class to organize (ie everyone already knows how to play and spec up their character so i dont get difficult questions). My only hesitation has been that in the runs i am not able to give the druids the attention which i would really like, even if such attention is not needed.

I encourage anyone (even rival druids  Grin ) who would like the challenge of being class leaders to nominate themselves, although the election process may feel intimidating, but the position is very rewarding and helps the guild keep a sense of purpose and identity.
       Eleth
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: