Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  Alchemists
| | |-+  Alchemist Specialization List- Quick Reference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alchemist Specialization List- Quick Reference  (Read 1834 times)
Nyteflower

« on: January 29, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

Hi everone Grin I hope you are all enjoying the expansion Cheesy

I created this thread to serve as the 'Quick Reference' thread to declare which alchemy specialization you have chosen. Please keep this thread clear of all other posts. I am requesting that guild alchemists that specialize declare in this space so that guild members can have this list as a quick and easy reference.

I am also requesting that guild alchemists observe KoR Alchemist Professional Courtesy with one another-- if you are asked to make potions in your specialty by another alchemist in the guild for the chance to proc, please do so and provide the person that makes the request with any extras that were created as well (unless otherwise agreed upon)  Cheesy

There are three specializations from which to chose:
-Master of Elixirs
-Master of Transmutes
-Master of Potions

FLASKS ARE NOT PART OF ANY OF THE ALCHEMY SPECIALIZATIONS!!!  :'( Angry Sad There is no chance to proc when creating a flask. :'(

To specialize, you must complete a specific quest, depending on the area you wish to specialize in (see below). They are not given by the same person. When you specialize in one of these three, you have a small chance to proc and make more potions free of charge.

************SPECIALIZATION QUESTS*************

You may specialize in POTIONS by completing a quest that begins with Lauranna Thar'well at the Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh. You will be sent to the Botanica in Tempest Keep to get the Botanist's Field Guide from the High Botanist- Freywenn. You will also need to bring with you 5 Super Healing pots, 5 Super Mana pots and 5 Major Dreamless Sleep pots.

You may specialize in ELIXIRS by completing a quest given by Lorokeem in the Lower City Shattrath. You will be sent to the Caverns of Time to get 10 Essences of Infinity from the Rift Lords & Rift Keepers. You will also need to bring with you 5 Elixirs of Major Defense, 5 Elixirs of Mastery and 5 Elixirs of Major Agility.

You may specialize in TRANSMUTATION by completing a quest given by Zarehvi at the Stormspire in Netherstorm. You will need 3 Primal Mights to complete this quest.

Thanks for declaring your alchemy profession on this thread Cheesy   I'd highly recommend that alchemists establish a buddy system of some sort with other guild alchemists of opposing professions. Also, if you receive materials through the mail to make potions in your profession, please return all of the potions made (including the freebies) to the requester- unless you have agreed to other terms. This is part of the KoR Alchemist Professional Courtesy Cheesy

Thanks for your time!
-Your friendly Guild Alchemist (Nyteflower)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 03:51:25 AM by Nyteflower » Logged
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »

Wow thats too bad about the flasks Sad

I will be whatever you guys want me to be, whatever we have less of that is what i will go into so what is everyone going to go?

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:07:08 PM »

As of now, Rivs will be declaring his speciality in transmuting. I am collecting more motes to make the necessary Primal Mights. As a note, the requirement is 4 Primal Mights, not 3. Not a huge deal, but something potential transmuters may want to consider.

Historically, I have not been able to rep grind to get the rare pot/elixir recipes, so I find transmutations to be more efficient for myself. However, with my headstart on 70, I would be willing to rep grind if necessary and change my speciality.

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »

I was going to go elixirs, but flasks dont apply to any. I guess i can see why blizzard would do that, it would be the best way to make money. Get a recipe, buy the stuff for 30g, and proc and make 2 for 30g. Then sell them both for around 50g. It would be a bit too unfair.

Bynn
Guild Member

Moonbynn--New and Improved-- Now 5% Useful!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »

I haven't decided either, but I'm thinking elixirs--but chaulmers may still want that one....I still need to research more, but I like the idea of this thread.

Bynn there, done that.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:51:23 PM »

bynn dont worry about that, im prolly the lowest alchemist atm im like 310. Ill take whatever is leftover.

Nyteflower

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:44:07 PM »

I'm going to move this thread to the Wiki...
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »

Why? i can get my post count up here  Tongue

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »

Hmm, may want to make a designated space for declaration of speciality in the wiki page. I'd edit it and put my name under transmutation, but I wasn't sure where to do so :-p

Going down to around 900g, I pulled the materials to make my second Primal Might. Only 2 more to go until I can defy the laws of equivalent exchange Smiley

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »

NO YOU CANT THATS THE FIRST RULE OF ALCHEMY!

Aniral

Forum Monkey.

matrixd00d1
Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »

I agree with Chaulmers. I suppose next you'll be trying to BRING PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE!?!? You must be stopped before it's too late!!!
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 01:01:31 PM »

I call the suit of armor.

Nyteflower

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

Rivs, just add to the Wiki post what you will be specializing in. Change it if you decide to change specialties.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: