Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Class Specific Information and Gear
| |-+  General Class Discussions
| | |-+  2.0.1 initial healing impressions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.0.1 initial healing impressions  (Read 912 times)
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« on: December 06, 2006, 11:16:21 AM »

I managed an abridged run with my druid last night, and here are the observances that came up:

--Lot fewer people died, since healers have a tency to slam HoTs on people as a stopgap before starting their long heals.  Since those HoTs now stack, some pretty massive healing was going on.
--In the words of Chief Brody, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."  Now that HoTs stack nothing stops multiple casters from layering spells on wounded people.  As a result mana usage shot way, way WAY up on the raid.  Most of the healers were groaning under the low/out of mana level.  In fairness it was a thro-together and I only had half my casting gear with me (ugh) but it wasn't just me feeling it.  Healers are either going to need better gear or a lot more water.
--The reduction in effect for lower-level healing spells is SUBSTANTIAL.  I couldn't get any numbers to show last night but if percentage of health bar is any indication my rank 4 healing touch is only healing a couple hundred hits with gear.  It used to heal for about 600-700.  That is also going to drive up mana use.

So, overall impression?  Healing is a lot better due to the stacking HoTs, but weaker due to the nerfed lower healing ranks.  it is also a LOT more mana-costly than was previously the case.

Anyone else?
Tamryl

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »

Great info, Jax!  Just a few questions:

1) Where did you go?
2) How are you specced (I seem to recall you went heavy Feral, correct?)
3) Any Druids there that had Tree of Life form, and if so did it seem useful at all?

Looking forward to trying out healing in both raids and 5-man instances to see the differences.  NOT looking forward to more of less giving up the lower rank heals, as they were a primary tool in longer fights.  Well, I guess I know who is getting the Innervates now! Wink

--- Tamryl
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:49:25 PM »

We went to MC, through Mag.  I used about 22 water getting there.  I was tapping dry almost every fight.  Granted, it was a fast-assembly test-out thing, so I only had [partial gear and 4500 mana, but still, that is pretty rough.

The big thing appears to be the stacking buffs.  Previously it would just tell you a more powerful buff (or somesuch) was in effect and you would save the mana.  Now you just stack.  so if 5 druids through rejuvination on the same target at the same time (not so odd, since healers have a tendency to hit th same priority targets) then all 5 spells go off.  It leads to massive overhealing and big mana usage.

Something to think about and possibly plan for anyways.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: