Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 10:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Conduct Policies
| | |-+  Other Guild Conduct Policy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Other Guild Conduct Policy  (Read 4413 times)
Nyteflower

« on: November 23, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »

The other day, I happened to ride by two people having a heated conversation over mining. Apparently, someone had tried to ninja a mine while someone else was already in the process of mining it. Well the person that tried to ninja the mine was a guildie.

I don't know if we have guild conduct policy on this kind of thing or not, but taking other people's herbs, mines, leather is (imo) something KOR probably doesn't want to develop a reputation for doing. If someone else is actively picking herbs, mining a mine or has killed something and might possibly skin it, it's theirs. Even if they're only half-way through mining it or have failed once in picking it. Nothing is more frustrating than to have someone come along and ninja something you're half-way through completing.

If we have policy on this, it might be worth reiterating to everyone. If we don't, can we consider it? If there is already a thead on this and I missed it, by all means, move this one Smiley
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 12:16:38 AM »

Isnt it kind of hard to ninja a herb when som1 else is already on it?

And im not going to lie i guess ive "ninjaed" a kill once or twice, the most famous one was in silithus with crazytom. He was a pally, and we were BOTH running after this kill, and boom i do a fireblast and get it. He then goes on to use racial slurs against me, making fun of kor, etc etc. I reported him, and havent seen him on since Smiley

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 12:53:25 AM by Chaulmers » Logged

frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:50:35 AM »

Our conduct policies revolve around treating people with respect and fairness.

To set down a guideline of behavior on many of the basic aspects of the game would be very restrictive and extremely difficult to enforce.  I can go farther than what you have asked and say should we monitor how our players use the AH?  Is buying all of the materials needed by people to skill up and make things just to raise the price and repost them acceptable?  Some think it is and some think it isn¬ít.

I have been in the middle of MANY "he did - she did" issues and they usually come to very little.  What if, in the case you witnessed, the person who was ¬ìstealing¬î the mine happened to be the one who was killing the mobs around the mine when the other person stepped up to it and just started mining?  Who has stolen it from whom?

Our policy on these things it to handle them on a case-by-case basis as they are brought to the attention of the officers by players in the community.  I have even seen someone accuse a guild member of stealing a mine because it was on his normal rout so it was by all rights his.

If you personally see something that a guild member does that you find objectionable, please feel free to tell an officer about it.

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 01:12:44 PM »

nice frostburn Smiley

Nyteflower

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 11:14:43 PM »

No, it's not hard to ninja an herb at all. The higher level herbs don't have a 100% success rate at farming them.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:59 AM »

Really? cuz ive never failed at herbing anything past level 100. But eh guess i learn something new everday Smiley

chemten
official /gquit machine

99645571 michael.boeckelmann@hp.com chemten10 chemten10
Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

Really? cuz ive never failed at herbing anything past level 100. But eh guess i learn something new everday Smiley

you're a tauren in disguise.

the official "i want to steal your phat lewts" fan club member
stealing your epics since 2004.
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 01:55:51 PM »

I do agree with Nyte, you most definitly can ninja an herb.  Let me give you a few examples that have happened to me.

1. I get up to herb and fail and someone else is still trying and gets it
2. I try to pick herb and rogue nearby aggros mob and vanishes
3. See 2: Paladin bubbles
4. See 2: Hunter FDs with no pet out

I think you get the idea  Wink

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

Lol nice...that gives me some ideas with my level 54 rogue.....

Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 08:45:22 AM »

The classic ninja move is for a stealthed Nelf or rogue to wait for you to clear the mobs around an herb then dash in and nab it right when you engage the last mob guarding it.  I hate that.
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 09:28:53 AM »

just because I have Blackice on stealth follow for Molin...don't get too upset Jax Cheesy

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 10:29:41 AM »

Ill put my rogue on follow as well, it will be a threesome!

Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

I like watching someone slowly die to a templar and then picking it up after they die, gaining the crest. Hey, I only did it once, and it was a tauren, they don't have feelings.

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:41:10 PM »

LOL rivs thats mean!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: