Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Admission and Removal Policies
| | |-+  Current admissions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Current admissions  (Read 2546 times)
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:16:35 AM »

Since Nyte brought up the topic, I will answer to make what has been happening clear.

1. We have not, as the policy Sicro has up indicates, changed our acceptance of RL friends at all.  Quite recently we acquired several members that are of classes we have MORE than enough of (Paladin and Warrior) due to real life friendship.  Nowhere in Sicro's policy update was the mention of stopping that practice.  Grin

2. The posted guidelines in the admission section are to help prospective members decide whether they wish to raid with us or not.  It is not a blanket prohibition from application.  It is just there to let people know what classes we are short on.  It is in the best interests of a player to know if he/she is applying to a guild that already has enough of that particular class.  We will not toss an application due to not "needing" a class.  We are currently stuffed to the gills with Paladins and Warriors, but it will not stop us from reviewing the application and taking them if they are REALLY great  Smiley

3. A policy that restricts the attendance of raids to older members effectively says do not apply to our guild, as you will only get to raid when we absolutely need you.  BC is right around the corner.  We are going to have to do a LOT of adjusting and be very flexible in order to get everyone raiding as it is.  The class mixes will be much more of an issue than numbers will be in that environment as the maximum raid size is only 25.

Ahmaj
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:02:30 AM »

<snip> BC is right around the corner.  We are going to have to do a LOT of adjusting and be very flexible in order to get everyone raiding as it is.  The class mixes will be much more of an issue than numbers will be in that environment as the maximum raid size is only 25.

Since you've mentioned it, I'd be very curious to know what the current thinking of the officers is regarding BC raid composition "rules". 

Based on my observations currently raid admission is based on sign up order.  Be in the top 40 (or 20), on-time (for the pull it seems, not the invites) and you're in.  Even replacements don't seem to generally be class based.

Based on various messages over the last few months this does not appear to be how the raids will be run in the future but I'd prefer some "official" clarification as I believe this significantly impacts "over represented" classes.
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »

Hey Ahamj.

The issue you have raised has been the topic of very long and serious discussion.  When we have some solid ideas we will not only be sharing them with the guild, they will be issues for the guild as a whole to vote on.

The changes that will come with BC will be enormous and we have no intention of producing policy unilaterally for all of the players on this one.  Rest assured we are not ignoring this and you will have a say (as will everyone) in what direction guild raiding is going to go in.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: