Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:09:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Important Guild Information
| | |-+  Changes on the Wind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Changes on the Wind  (Read 787 times)
frostburn
Guild Officer

Email
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:55:35 AM »

Hey all,

I would like to take the opportunity to update you all on what is going with me at this point since many of you have not seen or herd from me in a bit.

I do not have Internet service right now.  There is a major line problem in my area that has still not been fixed so it has been difficult for me to get on line and play or post.  I am writing this up at work right now.  As soon as this problem gets resolved I will be back!

Now to the most important point of this post: Guild Leadership.  I love this guild and I am happy with both the number and type of players that are members.  I have been very happy being the guild leader for all of you, but I feel that my commitments to the store and other things in my personal life are making it very difficult to devote the time and attention you all really deserve.  As a result, there is a change of guild leadership in the works.

The plan at this point is that I step down as Guild Leader and Franz takes over the position.  I would not be leaving the guild by any means.  I will instead become the Internal Affairs and Policy Review officer.  What does this mean for you?

Ironically, because I was not really doing everything a guild leader needs to do, my roll in the guild will change very little.  I will still be there to resolve differences between players and make sure that the policies of the guild reflect what the general membership wants in regards to play style and focus.

The other real impact of this change is direction and focus.  My real failing as a guild leader was getting things done so that the upper level section of the guild can do the raiding it wants and the lower level section of the guild get some fun events to participate in and feels more included in the heart of the guild.  Both of those things require someone who is on often and dedicated to the game very seriously.

Why is Franz going to be guild leader and will that change how the guild functions?
Yes and No

Franz is exactly what the guild needs to advance and become the best it can be.  Because of his strong presence in the game, his excellent contacts with other guilds and his very strong reputation in the WoW community he is uniquely qualified to get the guild where it needs to go.  In fact, it has already started happening.  It is due to his efforts (along with others) that recruiting has started for the guild.  It was a necessary step the guild needed to take that I really wanted to initiate, but never had the time.  In addition, the guild is now involved with Onyxia raids in conjunction with other guilds.  This is entirely due to Franz and his contacts as well as a general push by all the officers to get as many people the key they need to participate.

I know some of the membership is concerned that this will mean that the guild will have a complete focus on the high end game and raiding, but Franz and I have talked a great deal. We both agree that this guild is to remain a casual and friendly guild with the ability to raid and have a good time at the high end, but not exclusively devoted to that end.

What other changes can you expect?

Aramis who has dedicated much of his time to helping people finish quests with all of his free time will become our official raid leader.  Nalen is going to be put in charge of player moral and will be making sure that there are events running in the guild that cater to all levels.  Mund has already started as the recruiting officer and has gotten us some solid new players.

I am sure there will be other changes in the future and I am sure that I have missed some things, but those are many of the major changes that I foresee happening.  If you have any suggestions or comments, please post them here or send me a private message.  Thank you all and please understand that these changes are what I believe is in the best interest of the guild as a whole not due to any unhappiness with the guild on my part.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: