Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 03:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Guild Policies
| |-+  Important Guild Information
| | |-+  Player Preferences
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Player Preferences  (Read 1886 times)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« on: August 30, 2005, 01:14:32 PM »

From a post by Vladen:

"There appear to be three flavors of members in our guild:

1. Those interested in PVP
2. Those who like end-game high end instance runs and raids
3. Those of us who just like the questing and small group aspects of the game

I really think it would be good for the guild to express its interest as a group in each of these three areas.  Currently the guild appears to lean towards #2.  Personally, I lean towards #3, but enjoy a bit of #1 and #2.  The point is we want to be clear about what this guild's mission in life is, so that current and potential members can make a decision about if it's the best place for them."

I lean partly into #2, and heavily into #3 - I have 4 active characters so I definitely love developing the characters.  I like doing the 10 man raids on the high end instances and have a lot with Sicro however, I have hardly done the same with Blackice or Shalador. 

My suggestion to you Vladen is if you really like the questing aspects - re-roll another character.  I am sure you haven't explored all the quest lines possible.

Could others respond to see how individuals line up?  It would be interesting.

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »

I have been mostly interested in #3 though I have been trying to get more involved with #2 now that Jaxartes is L60. 

I have, um, several alts.  Two are in the mid-forties and the rest are in the mid-high twenties (though the two in their forties are getting most all of the attention these days), so there is no doubt that I really enjoy the development and growth of characters.  It's a real pleasure for me.  I really enjoy the different areas of the world and how the different races all have different feels to them. 

The quests for the different areas are all fairly different, so re-rolling a different race can give a very different feel when going through the early levels.  Being a night elf on Teldrassil is a very different thing than being a dwarf in Dun Morogh.

As mentioned above, however, with jax at 60 and me working towards leveling the druid and warrior (both are in sore demand by the guild at this time) I do hope to get more #2 action.  Thus far I have sampled a few instances and run most of the Onyxia key line.
Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 05:20:08 PM »

As you all might have guessed, I heavily favor option 2. I am constantly running instances if I can. I am incredibly eager to reach the true endgame, with Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and soon Zul'Gurub. And I want to be ready for Ahn'Qiraj when it eventually opens.

I want to assemble Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros (as my own personal pipedream), as well as Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. I am, as it has been oft commented, very loot-oriented. I want the best armor and equipment for Aramis, and eventually Vandred. Aramis is still my most played by a fair margin, because I still want to make sure he is as best-prepared for the endgame as he can be.

However, I have one other priority, which has often supplanted my goals, and that is the advancement of the guild as a whole. I want more people to reach lvl. 60, I want them to get the gear they need, get their Onyxia keys, get their UBRS keys, I want this guild to be able to run UBRS by itself, Zul'Gurub by itself, and then  Molten Core. I really want this guild to be able to do it all.

As far as you're concerned, Vladen, I'd like to see do you whatever you'll have fun with. If you're not into the endgame instances, by all means roll up another class and level it to 60. I will happily help you in whatever ways I can. Just because I want the guild capable to do end-game content doesn't mean everyone has to, and who knows, if you play one of the "lynchpin" classes, like a warrior or priest, you might find you like raiding. Just go with what's fun. That's what the game is about, and it's what this guild is about.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
Vladen
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:06:04 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions as to what I should do - I'm really heavily leaning towards rolling an alt or two to play around with.  Contrary to what my earlier post might have implied, I don't see #'s 1, 2 & 3 as an either-or situation... I was just curious where other people fell along the spectrum.  Vladen still intends to do end-game instance runs and quest for Onyxia, but more out of the fun of hanging out with other guildies and providing help than for the loot.

It is interesting that no one has really brought up #1 (PVP) as a key interest yet.  Do we have heavy PVPer's in the guild still?  I like to partake in it from time to time, but it would be terrific if we could organize guild groups to do things like WSG.

-V

Yenst

For the fallen, my comrades and the light I fight.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 06:36:31 AM »

There appear to be three flavors of members in our guild:

1. Those interested in PVP
2. Those who like end-game high end instance runs and raids
3. Those of us who just like the questing and small group aspects of the game

My interest is all in the quests and who I'm playing with, regardless of what aspect it's in, note though, I consider BG's themselves to be quests.

I am heavily interested in #1, from my large experience of PvP games, I've found PvP doesn't 'grow old' for me, as every combat is a bit different.  This server has only a few variations so far:  Wait forever to get into, and then complete AV (it took 8 hours my only time inside).  Or wait 30 minutes for WSG and play either in a preset group or PUG vs PIE, Doom or a PUG.  I think the fact most of us can't play a lot, and thus cannot ever earn the highest ranks may affect why people don't use the BG's.

I prefer 3 to 2, but expect that to reverse.  Once the guild is in sync with one another (working as a unit, following the plan of whoever is in charge) I will enjoy high-end instances.  The technical complexity of the Onyxia encounter is perfect for my taste.  Currently, I hate it, the PUGs I've been with just haven't worked out, preventing me from receiving an Epic weapon l33t players envy.  I see potential there though, and hope the other raid instances are similar.

My short-term goal is to form a 5-man commando team, with which to take on assignments such as generating guild cash in Dire Maul, and special missions in various Battlegrounds.

In the meantime - the only reason I am playing is for quest completion and the warm fuzzies in my head: "General, Onyxia is dead.  Where does the Alliance need me next?"

Yenst, Dragonslayer, unpaid Veteran of 3 wars
Available for hire

146 Cut-Throat Alley, Stormwind
Jaxartes
Greetings, My Minions,
Guild Member

Herder of cats

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 08:42:34 AM »

One thing I find is that I am uncomfortable with PuGs.  I had a lot of bad experiences with them early in my WoW life, so now I am wary of people that either I ro my guildies don't know.  Usually it works fine, but I prefer to do things with the guild.

This has been a bit of a problem because my schedule generally sees me online between 7:30-8:30 on nights when I am on (and I am not able to give the time for raids on all nights, so have a little more trouble there).  If something starts much after 9-9:30 I can't join, since I have to work the next morning.  The end result is that I don't get a lot done with Jax, since he only seems to hook up with guildies around once a week or so most weeks.  I wonder that I'm not giving the guild the support they need from the resident warlock, or not getting in all the raiding I'd like to do, but just don't seem to have time to do.
Nalen

Lives to antagonize Vandred. RIVS.

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 11:53:06 PM »

I have for the most part through leveling always leaned towards grouping with small groups of people.  Now that Nalen is 60 and I have been there for a bit now I love to do instances and help Guildies in them.  I like the idea of having a swat team per say  to grind out cash for the guild and such.  We have this kinda already to a degree just not formaly organized and working togther.  I know myself and others do regular farming runs for essences and other needed items for the guild.  You count me in for any regular uns to Diremaul Scarlet and such for guild needs.  I do have an interest in BG just never seem to be able to get in.
     I will creating a new character to level with and get into the mid game with to help other Guildies level and complete quests and instances.

And yes as the Moral officer I feel like I should say something like the beatings will continue.... or some thing

My the light or in my case the rage guide you

N Cool

Mukaka
Class Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 01:33:10 AM »

I like variety so doing a little small group, pvp, and large raids is all good to me. If I had to list them in order the small group is definitely at the top with pvp slightly edging out raids.
Abrakad

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 07:31:47 AM »

I'll say on this character 2 & 3.

I find more lately, since they change the group sizes for instances, I very much enjoy doing 5 man runs as they're so much more challenging and fun. This would be my number one Grin Though at times raid instances like MC, ZG and AQ can be lengthy and make me sleepy Undecided They're still fun though if done with the right group.

PvP would be my second:) Though I have to say since BG came out my PvP time has suffered, as I very much miss the days of no honor and just killing everything, lol, it's definately something I wish I could do more.

Questing is something I enjoyed before I had 2 60 characters as well as a couple on their way. After leveling 2 to 60, general questing has lost his appeal, though if I'm with the right people, again, it can be fun too. Silithus is an area I haven't quested much in as I tend to more simply grind for drops when I'm in that area. Would love to do that with a gaggle of guildies sometime Grin

Fashion before stats:)
Rivs
Guild Member

Chemten 2.0

TheLunarAvenger
Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 07:05:56 AM »

I would have to say my priority is 2,1,3. I really enjoy taking down the big bosses and reaching new milestones with the guild. We are continually progressing and improving as a whole. And the phat lewts are nice also  Wink

I have also been pvp'ing quite frequently since I hit 60, although I am starting to question it. I think the PvP gear looks really cool, although it really only seems to benefit shadow priests. I used to be shadow, and very thoroughly enjoyed melting faces on a daily basis, but I can provide more assistance to my guild through my holy talents. Sometimes being in WSG while holy specc'd can be sort of a bummer, seeing as how I can barely do any damage, and thus honor comes very slowly. To make up for this, I pvp like a fiend, usually every day if I can.

However, looking at the rewards, the only thing I really look forward to is the cheap epic mount, more specifically the ridiculously awesome black battlestrider. If I ever reach commander, I will be content and return to farming and alting.

As for number 3, I have aquired most of my tier 0, with a good half of my tier 1, so I don't find myself running instances very often. However, I am interested in obtaining my UBRS and DM keys, and that is quite a bit of work I hear. If the guild were to start farming runs for certain profitable items or to gear up raiders, I could possibly assist. I still want to get my libram before the patch comes out....

"Can you order me up some bread?"

-China farmer who requested a priest friend of mine to conjure food for him.

Jahira
Guild Member

Jahira Jahira
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 12:53:55 AM »

I like raiding the most, progressing as a guild through cooperative content and events.  I also love to build and develop characters.  I'd like to do more small groups and instances now that I am familiar with most of the people in the guild.  I have no interest in PvP.  Mostly because I don't like constant combat.  I prefer to quest, explore, and character build.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: