Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 02:55:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  General Tradeskill Info
| | |-+  Sneak Peek - BC Professions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sneak Peek - BC Professions  (Read 1926 times)
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:57:14 AM »

Here is a link to an article on some recipes for professions in BC

I guess I am going to have to make a lot of nets (note to self watch out for targets higher than level 80 Cheesy)  Although I am dreading the grind for enchanting.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/professions.html

Two other things of note - leatherworking armor kits supposedly will be better than ZG enchants (for legs)? And the Brilliant Wizard Oil (ZG recipe/lvl 300) is better than the Superior at lvl 340.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:32:34 AM by Sicro » Logged

So...Are these rules or guidelines?
Ahmaj
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »

and for Herbalists, "There will be new, rare herbs only found in Outland, and some will bestow (or inflict) strange effects on the herbalist who picks them."  We also get to pretend we are Skinners. Smiley 

The specialization sounds interesting, wonder if I will be able to make 2 [wowitem]Arcanite Bar[/wowitem]'s for the price of one?  I'd probably find myself drawn to Potions or Elixir's as being more generally useful in that regard though. 

I am actually a little disapointed as I was hoping they would allow some sort of training that would reduce the cooldown time for the Philosopher's Stone but guess I might not drop Herbalism for Enchanting after all depending on the effects bestowed.
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »

I am going to be so broke in BC - my first two characters to 60 will likely both be consumers: Sicro (Tailoring/Enchanting) and Gnofear (Goblin Engineering/Alchemy).  Blackice will trail behind picking flowers and mining a bit...

Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »

ZOMG WHAT ABOUT SHALADOR?!?!

But yea, this is eh for alchemists, altho that new mana pot looks pretty good Smiley

Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »

Pic of Master Weaponsmith items - yes usable only by the weaponsmith Cheesy

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bsdi4.gif

Look at Deep Thunder Baz...and drool 114 DPS + Stats....

Enchanters also have enchanter only enchants now - enchanting your rings +12 dam, +23 healing, +2 weapon Dam, +dodge/def (can't remember the fourth one)

Xakopane

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »

I'm really looking forward to the new life breathed into Blacksmithing. I also like the "skinning" by the other gathering professions. Looks like someone woke up at Blizzard and realized the node way of life was not at all equal to kill creature skin creature.

Xak
Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:51:25 AM »

Pic of Master Weaponsmith items - yes usable only by the weaponsmith Cheesy

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bsdi4.gif

Look at Deep Thunder Baz...and drool 114 DPS + Stats....

Enchanters also have enchanter only enchants now - enchanting your rings +12 dam, +23 healing, +2 weapon Dam, +dodge/def (can't remember the fourth one)

*drool*
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 08:55:52 AM »

I will say I am surprised by the fact that none of them have any jewel slots Sad

Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:04:08 AM »

My hopes for professions is that they keep the patterns good even late in the end game.  Arcanite reaper is amazing, but who wants one when you can get <insert random weapon off MC boss>

If the first level 70 instance drops a socketed 115dps weapon + stats, then weaponsmithing is right back where it is now - good, except there's always something better.

Hmm....to drop armorsmithing or not to drop armorsmithing, that is the question Wink

(I understand that when the xpac comes out, we'll be able to change specialization :-D)

Vandred
Main Battle Tank
Guild Member

Master of Lewtz

BlackDracus
Email
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 09:07:49 AM »

I really want to see some of the armor...I think I've invested too much in Aramis to consider respeccing him to anything else.

He's a Paladin...Paladins are protectors. I make armor to guard people's lives.

Unbowed. Unbroken.
chemten
official /gquit machine

99645571 michael.boeckelmann@hp.com chemten10 chemten10
Email
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

My hopes for professions is that they keep the patterns good even late in the end game.  Arcanite reaper is amazing, but who wants one when you can get <insert random weapon off MC boss>

If the first level 70 instance drops a socketed 115dps weapon + stats, then weaponsmithing is right back where it is now - good, except there's always something better.

Hmm....to drop armorsmithing or not to drop armorsmithing, that is the question Wink

(I understand that when the xpac comes out, we'll be able to change specialization :-D)

well, obviously it will be the case.  they can't make learnable patterns from a trainer have a weapon better than a raid drop... UNLESS they make the mats from that raid dungeon.  sorta like the TB patterns for FR that require drops.  maybe the mats for the epic swords and such will take ridiculous amounts from the raids in order to craft.  i mean, yeah, being able to make something is great, but if you'll never have the mats, what a waste.

the official "i want to steal your phat lewts" fan club member
stealing your epics since 2004.
Sicro
Why me?
Guild Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »

Robe of the Archmage and Robe of the Void do not require any raid mats and are better than any other robes until Nef (after Nef for Frost Mages).

There are plenty of crafted gear that didn't get replaced until tier 2.

The benefits of crafted gear that is nearly as good as drops is that:

1) you don't have to spend DKP (or suicide) for it,
2) you don't have to wait for it to drop - you can gather the materials at the schedule you set.

And cost is relative for the player...for some people grinding the 1500 gold for the Obsidian Mail Chest for their DPS warrior is a no brainer, especially if their guild isn't even progressed beyond the areas they could get better than that.  However, there is nothing game breaking to have a few BOP items that are better than most raid drops.  The problem becomes if they have BOE easily crafted gear that is better (i.e., Devilsaurs vs. Tier 1 Rogue)

Bazerk
Captain Crazy
Administrator

The Lawbringer

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:54 AM »

I shall continue to be a Hammersmith even if they offer switching. I hope that the expansion makes it more useless. I think it is the most useless specialization in the most useless profession, but I could be wrong so it can only go uphill from here!

What would Bazerk be without a hammer? Nothing. Just some dude in gold armor.

Baz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: