Knights of Other Realms
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 02:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Applicants - Contact Bazerk if you need to have your account approved.
Members - If you cannot see the Members-only boards, contact Bazerk.
23341 Posts in 3013 Topics by 352 Members
Latest Member: kelgore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Knights of Other Realms Forums
|-+  Trade Skills
| |-+  Alchemists
| | |-+  Invisibility Potions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Invisibility Potions  (Read 1494 times)
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« on: September 19, 2006, 08:16:34 AM »

So I just had a brain storm while trying to come up with a way to do an even faster scholo - INVIS POTS!  I've seen these used in some instances for solo farming, solo attunement (i believe), and a couple other areas in particular instances - I'd like to get some of these for the next Pally Epic Mount quest.  Many of you may or may not have read about the 'trick' where all pallies run through the main room and DI at the top of rattlegore's stairs - but what if we could just pop a potion and run by all of them?  even if we were detected halfway through the room by 1 random mob, that'd mean we're that much closer to being able to toss up a bubble and successfully DI at the stairs.

Questions:
#1.  Who can make Invisibility Potions?
#2.  How much do they (in general) cost?
#3.  Can anything in Scholo see invisibility? (i'll be willng to test this out if no one knows)

Xakopane

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »

While I'm loathe to support your need for reckless speed and shortcutting fun in the game, Nyteflower can make those potions.

I'll post the mats when I log on as her to make some other needful things.

Xak
Bynn
Guild Member

Moonbynn--New and Improved-- Now 5% Useful!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »

I have the lesser invis potion for sure. Might have the next one up, not sure. Lesser lasts 15 secs and the mats aren't too bad, fadeleaf and wildsteel bloom.  I would spot you a set or two of those for Kymber's mount run.

B

Bynn there, done that.
Ahmaj
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:10:56 PM »

I would imagine at that level you would need the full strength [wowitem]Invisibility Potion[/wowitem] for that level.  I can create the Invisibility Potion but, I'm currently running a Van-a-thon so I'm going to ask you to send Fadeleaf (rather than Sungrass) with the Ghost Mushroom.  The Fadeleaf will go to Vandred for his orange weapon thingy  Shocked, I'll supply the Sungrass.

Ok, you can send Sungrass but Van does need the Fadeleaf Smiley
Kymber
Guild Member

Holier (specced) than Thou

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:21:44 PM »

While I certainly appreciate Frosh's idea and excitement about helping me get my mount, I've actually never been in Scholomance and would much rather take my time and see the sights, as it were, rather than inviso-corpse/DI-running past all the content just to get to the final battle.  Smiley
Frosh
I'm not as fast as Frostburn.
Guild Officer

stevenearhart@yahoo.com StevenAtHouse
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

I wouldn't reccomend an epic mount run for your first scholo run if you want to see the sites and take it all in. 

The first boss is your first stop Wink  (he is over halfway through the instance for what it's worth, but still Smiley)

Mukaka
Class Leader

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »

I'm fairly sure the invis pots aren't worth the effort here. I've found that you need to take wide, flanking moves if you're using anything less than rogue/druid stealth (and lvl 37 invis potion is considerably less than the levels of these mobs). Even as a stealthed rogue/druid, you have to sometimes pause and wait for a patrol to pass or a mob to turn the other direction. 18 seconds doesn't afford you much time to take the cautious route and get to the next safe spot where you'll wait for potion cooldown.

Give it a try, but that's 2 to 3 potions per person, and everyone has to make it without error. I'm betting that one of you will agro the room and you'll end up doing the death/DI run anyway...

If you do try it... I'd suggest running for the balcony first and clearing whatever you need to there. Then into the first part of the next room, saving the last few seconds on the invis to time the patroller, then clear that end. And perhaps the last potion by falling through the hole into Razorgore's room and back out to the stairs.
Chaulmers

Angry Gnome

simpsonsboy182
Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:24:37 PM »

I dont see the invis pots working....i think they only last for like what 20 seconds? or im probably wrong on that number but i dont think its that long. I like the DI idea.....in fact that sounds like fun......Having 1 pally in the group 1 warrior go aggro, priest shield warrior b4 hand, mage along to FN if things look bad, get to a safe spot, DI and boom Smiley i would actually really really really like to try that for fun,  i mean the mobs in there are really really reasy, i can solo any non boss thin in there 1 on 1 with little effort.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: